By Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A very Happy New Year to all of our wonderful Boom users!
Music, movies, online videos on your Mac can be heard louder and better!
You must have experienced any or all of the following:
- The volume is low while listening to music on your iPhone/iPod touch
- The volume could have been a little louder while watching a video/movie on your iPad
- The volume on your laptop is not loud enough
- It's fun to have a system-wide equalizer
Boom volume booster is the first-of-its-kind app for Mac! Boost the volume of your music and video files on your Mac and sync to your iDevices so they sound better on your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Boom provides the ability to boost the volume of your music and video files residing in the iTunes library of your Mac and on the disk. It lets you enjoy the new boosted experience on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad through a seamless transfer by creating a separate playlist.
Explore more about Mac volume enhancement to enjoy:
- Media-playing applications such as iTunes and QuickTime
- Online music and video playing sites
- Streaming movies, radios and TV shows
- Voice applications and podcasts
- Equalizer for the system
App Support: Please email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read User stories to find out how Boom has been useful to each one of them! http://bit.ly/boomstory
NOTE: Please 'uninstall' the trial copy of Boom within the app, when you have downloaded Boom from the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Easy access to Mac Volume enhancement.
- Audio clipping (cutting out) issue is now fixed.
- Kernel task consumption issue has been fixed. Now it functions the same as default OS X with or without Boom.
- No sound after sleep issue is now resolved.
- VLC and other media compatibility issue fixed.
We are currently working on:
- Volume key sound delay. Our developers are working to have a quick fix for this.
- Audio drop when using FaceTime. Mavericks users are advised to turn off Boom when FaceTime is active. This behavior is the default OS behavior where audio from other applications get muted or dropped when FaceTime chat is ON.
If you still face any issues please send us a mail at email@example.com
Your constant support via ratings and reviews will keep our developers motivated as always.
Boom is fantastic, users having issues please read.
I don’t normally write reviews. I rarely feel so strongly about an app that I am compelled to review it. Boom is an exception here. The volume on my MacBook Pro simply does NOT get loud enough, I can have it maxed out in a room by myself and it leaves much to be desired. Boom fixed this, and with a brilliant interface. Boom also accommodates my AirPlay obsession, and disables itself with a nice little icon in the status bar indiciating this.
I will admit, with the last update (1.8.1) I had many of the issues users are describing.
For the volume key lag, I went into preferences and disabled notification sounds ‘Turn off notification sounds’, I realize some people won’t like this remedy but it worked for me, and I don’t miss the little bleep bleep sound.
I was also experiencing loss of audio sync in videos, if I got a Skype while listening to music it completely screwed up, etc. I went into boom preferences and uninstalled boom, restarted my computer, and then reinstalled from the app store. Problem solved, for me at least.
Hope that helps someone out there.
I cannot replicate the other user issues
Before I continue, I’m using a MacBook Pro 5th Gen with 8gigs of DDR3 memory and running Mavricks. That out ofthe way, I am having no issues with the preformance of the software. I disabled Boom for a spell when I read on the TwelveSouth websith that it is secondary apps that caused sound issues with my Bass Jump, but had to return to Boom and tweak it for use, as the accompanying software was no comparison to volume levels. I give a favorable review as my end user experiance is has been great, but I’m a tinker and don’t mind playing with an OS for a while to hammer everything out, however, I have not had to do this.
Works, but very buggy
I paid what I think is a fairly steep price for a basic utility app ($7), but since it was the only option I could find, I tried it out. It does what it says. It boosts my volume enough to make Netflix usable on my MacBook air.
However, half the time when I wake my computer from sleep, audio will no longer work at all on my machine. The mute, + and - buttons do nothing. If I restart boom, it will begin working again. Also, I did not have it set to start when my computer starts, so when I restart my compter and boom is not running, audio on the whole computer will not work until I start boom.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Global Delight Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- © 2013, Global Delight
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later