Boomerang from Instagram
By Instagram, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Boomerang from Instagram makes everyday moments fun and unexpected. Create captivating mini videos that loop back and forth, then share them with your friends.
Find something (or someone!) that's moving, or create a video selfie by switching to the front-facing camera. There’s just one button. Tap it once and Boomerang does the rest: shoots a burst of 10 photos and turns them into a delightful mini video. Share it on Facebook and Instagram right from the app, or save your video to your camera roll to share later.
* Take mini videos of your life and yourself using the front and back facing camera.
* Download and start capturing immediately. No sign up or account required.
* There's just one button! The app takes 10 photos and stitches them together, speeds up the video and smooths out any bumps, then loops it back and forth.
* Share your videos on Instagram and Facebook right from the app, or share them later from your camera roll.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Can’t use pre-recorded videos
It’s truly ridiculous that they don’t let you use videos you have recorded outside of the app. It’s very unlikely that I will ever see something worth capturing and think to get out a limited-function app like this – I would record a video separately first, and maybe after watching it decide it would be cool to make a looping Boomerang from a clip of it. But you can’t do that here! You can only make Boomerangs when you shoot them live, directly in the app. Very unhelpful.
It would be incredibly easy for them to put this MOST BASIC OF FEATURES into this already very simple app – and yet, they haven’t. I don’t understand. So, on to the next one.
Love this app, super cool
This app is so cool! My favorite things to do is jump in the pool, handstands, and cartwheels. Good job making this app!
1 suggestion is to make a “countdown” button. Where you can tap a button and it will countdown from (5). This would be good for us who don’t always have people to video us.
Great if you want to record stuff right then and there, but the inability to import your own stuff (From what I have felt with) is extremely aggravating. If this is a feature that I missed, it will be a five star review. I was thoroughly disappointed.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 17, 2017
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.