Boomerang from Instagram makes everyday moments fun and unexpected. Create captivating mini videos that loop back and forth, then share them with your friends.
Find something (or someone!) that's moving, or create a video selfie by switching to the front-facing camera. There’s just one button. Tap it once and Boomerang does the rest: shoots a burst of 10 photos and turns them into a delightful mini video. Share it on Facebook and Instagram right from the app, or save your video to your camera roll to share later.
* Take mini videos of your life and yourself using the front and back facing camera.
* Download and start capturing immediately. No sign up or account required.
* There's just one button! The app takes 10 photos and stitches them together, speeds up the video and smooths out any bumps, then loops it back and forth.
* Share your videos on Instagram and Facebook right from the app, or share them later from your camera roll.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Capture your favorite moments to relive over and over—backwards and forwards—with this fun, easy-to-use video app. Boomerang shoots short movies that play in a loop, revealing what you recorded and then reversing the action for quirky moving snapshots you’ll love showing off. With one-tap controls and many ways to share with friends, it’s a cool way to remix your memories.
Great app, can be improved
Boomerang is so much fun! I love using it to add excitement to my videos! However, I think that it would be very cool if we could upload pre-recorded videos. This way, if you aren't able to catch a moment while on the boomerang app, it can still be made into a boomerang. Another thing that can be changed is the storage notification coming up AFTER I record a video. I was at the beach once and happened to catch a really cool boomerang of fish shooting through the waves (thinking I had storage), but I didn't have storage so it automatically deleted itself. This is very frustrating! Please make changes!
Great app to have
A friend of mine suggested this app and I've been having fun with it for a while now! Basically makes a video look like its on ffw rrw at the same time while the subject u shot looks on drugs. Videos can be sent as videos or gifs which is an added plus. Having the possibility to post it on instagram (and shoot a boomerang video on IG without having to go on the boomerang app directly) is also a plus but i don't use it for that. All in all, its a pretty cool app and honnestly I'd recommend it to anyone who likes making fun short gif like videos.
- Instagram, Inc.
- 21.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.