Kids love to play with their dinner, so why not let them play with and learn about all the steps that are done before during and after dinner? Bo's Dinnertime Story offers kids fun but also educational playtime with great sounds and music!
Bo's Dinnertime Story was nominee for the Dutch "Media Preschooler Award 2013" for Best App!
* "It may interest readers to know that my son played this app straight through six times in one sitting as well as coming back for more Bo’s Dinnertime later the same day." - GiggleApps
* "This is an outstanding app which not only supports a plethora of early learning skills whilst helping to develop an essential routine, but which also promises hours of fun for little munchers everywhere." Gill Robins
All children go through a phase that makes family dinnertime less fun and a solution can be to involve them in the routine of preparing dinner and cleaning the table.
This App offers the opportunity to help the adorable and playful Bo the Giraffe with all steps surrounding dinnertime like;
* Buying groceries
* Putting these in the cupboard
* Putting the tablecloth on the table
* Putting the plate, knife, fork and spoon on the table
* Serving the food
* Eating the food
* Serving dessert
* Cleaning the table
* Washing the dishes.
The App will encourage and teach good dinnertime habits in a fun and interactive way!
Recommended Age: 2 - 6 years. We recommend that parents play "Bo the Giraffe" Apps the first time together with their child. It's fun for the kids and parents and offers the opportunity to interact with each other over food and eating without any pressure.
* 10 engaging and fun scenes
* A way to encourage good dinnertime habits
* Great song in the final scene and on the radio
* Fun music and sounds
* Hidden sounds and animation effects
* Clear voice-over in English, German or Dutch
* Child-friendly interface
* Fun extra snack game with Lulu and Tommie
* Skills development like; listening, matching, sorting, counting and coordination
Other Heppi Apps!
* “Bo’s Bedtime Story," the great Bo the Giraffe story about all the steps around bedtime!
* "Bo's School Day," the fun Bo the Giraffe story about all the steps around school time!
* "Bo's Birthday Party," the creative Bo the Giraffe birthday game with all kinds of fun creative plays!
* "Bo's Jigsaw Puzzles," the fun Puzzle App with Bo the Giraffe and his friends!
* "Bo's Matching Game," the fun Memory App with Bo the Giraffe and his friends!
* "Bo's Matching Game - Christmas Gift," the FREE Christmas version of Bo's Matching Game!
* KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE *
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
* PRIVACY DISCLOSURE “Bo's Dinnertime Story”
X Does not collect or share any personal data
X Does not contain any ads
X Under the "Press 3 Seconds" pop-up in the start screen a link is hidden to our other apps in the App Store
X Does not contain In App Purchases
X Does not contain Social Network Integration
Heppi wants to offer children the possibility to discover and experience the daily routines that surround them everyday.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for sequencing dinnertime tasks, following directions.
I introduced my preschoolers to Bo's Dinnertime this week. My students and I have really been enjoying Bo's Dinnertime! Bo is adorable, and the app is set up to make the child successful- The narrator gives clear verbal instructions on what to do, followed by a visual cue- for example the objects will flash to show what the child should touch. Re: a previous reviewer's comment- I actually like that the child can't start the task until the narrator has finished talking- this way the child has to focus on the verbal instructions; perhaps this is something the dev could address through a settings option though. I like that Bo's Dinnertime breaks down an activity (dinnertime) into a sequence of events, and has the child go through the sequence from start to finish. The kids have discovered the radio in the dinner scenes turns on- it actually plays a Bo song, very sweet! I'd love to see some options for more food, colors of plates, or size of plates to work on more skills. I am also wondering why chicken gets stored in a drawer and not the fridge, but the kids are thoroughly enjoying this app as it is. I look forward to more sequencing apps featuring Bo in the near future!
Great for Learning to Sequence Through a Meal
Bo's Dinnertime follows a giraffe named Bo step by step through dinnertime. This involves not only purchasing ingredients, preparing a meal, serving a meal, and cleaning up after dinner. The application is great for children to learn the steps to prepare a meal. The narration, animation, and flashing of the icons are also great for children with special needs to learn how to sequence through mealtime and learn how to follow directions. The app would be perfect with a little more interactivity in the fact that all of the icons available for dinner should be movable and the application should allow for children to make mistakes. That way, they can learn to go back and fix the directions they did not follow correctly. In addition, some of the flashing is distracting, but it is also important because it helps cue children as to what to do next.
Vocabulary, Sequencing, and Following Directions - all in one!
This is an interactive story that has a great idea portrayed. I do not believe it is suitable for 4+, which was stated in the link to the app store. It might be too easy for typical developing preschool users. Those with special needs, or language delay, would benefit from this app because of it's nature in working on multiple skill areas; however, I think it is geared for younger kids with the simplicity of the graphics and ease of interactive pieces. This app is a fairly accurate portrayal of a dinnertime routine. Items are labeled for vocabulary growth, following direction skills are tapped into, and fine motor movement is necessary.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.