Welcome to a world of sound, music, and magnetism!
BOSEbuild Sound is the companion app to the BOSEbuild™ Speaker Cube. It includes experiments, fun activities, videos, animations, and more. It will also guide you with step-by-step, animated instructions as you assemble your speaker cube.
You’ll need the BOSEbuild Speaker Cube before you can use this app. Visit build.bose.com to find out more.
With the BOSEbuild Speaker Cube and the Sound app, you’ll get hands on with magnets and electromagnets, discover how sound and speakers really work, and even build your own working Bluetooth® speaker. Everything you need is included – no tools required!
Included in the app:
• Launch Prep: Experiment with a magnet and electromagnet.
• Coil Launcher: Boost the power to launch your coil up into the air.
• Make Some Noise: Find out how you can make sound with just a magnet and a coil of wire.
• SoundWave Studio: Experiment with frequency and waveforms to make different sounds.
• Build a Paper Speaker: Make a working speaker with paper, scissors, and tape.
• Music Player: Play your favorite music right in the app.
• Speaker Cube: Build a sealed acoustic enclosure for your speaker.
• Sound Sweeper: Play a song and use the Sound Sweeper to emphasize different parts of the music.
• Speaker Tuning: Use an equalizer to adjust the sound of your speaker.
• Bose Tuning: Hear the difference Bose Tuning makes.
• Custom Colors: Customize your speaker cube by mixing red, green, and blue to make a rainbow of colors.
• Dancing Colors: Play some tunes and watch your speaker light up and dance to the beat.
• Custom Covers: Customize your cube with patterns of light and shadow.
Fixed an issue that prevented in-app videos from playing.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it but
I went through the tutorial and built my speaker using a phone that I don’t have anymore. When I still was using said phone I enjoyed using the app with my speaker(especially tuning it) but I soon lost what I had saved on the app when my phone died due to water damage, so here I am with a new phone and downloading this app in anticipation to tune my speaker aaaand I couldn’t get past the second part of the tutorial because it wanted me to go through the steps of building it all over again! I was really upset with this and although I don’t need the app to use the speaker I feel like being able to tune it and change the LED sequence were really nice features, so Bose I’m begging you please make it so that I don’t have to go through the tutorial all over again for something I already built!
I was great until
The same thing happened to me that happened to “VantasChild”, it was working perfectly until the iPad until I was using broke. I tried to use it on my new phone but it was impossible to complete the second step because I had already put together my speaker. It still allows me to play music, but I would also enjoy having her ability to tune it too. Thanks
App doesn’t work
I was able to connect through Bluetooth and play music but the app doesent work which was one of the whole purposes of getting this. Please let me know otherwise this is worthless
- Bose Corporation
- 130.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bose Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.