Become a boss, build a dungeon, and destroy puny heroes. The best-selling indie card game has arrived to iOS!
Boss Monster is a dungeon-building card game that challenges players to become the ultimate villains: video game bosses. Thousands of players around the world have enjoyed the paper version of the game, but now Brotherwise Games has partnered with video game developer Plain Concepts, creators of Wave Engine, to bring Boss Monster from the tabletop to the digital world!
* What is Boss Monster? *
If you've ever wanted to stomp on an upstart plumber or send your goblins and ghosts out to haunt some heroes, then Boss Monster is the game for you. Sporting retro-inspired pixel art, and paying homage to classic video games and geeky pop culture, Boss Monster immerses you in the role of the video game boss as you use Room Cards to build a dungeon which must entice worthy heroes, then slay them.
* What is the Digital Version Like? *
Digital Boss Monster is a straight conversion of the tabletop game. You'll be playing with virtual cards, but everything about the game has been designed to be as authentic as possible. Of course, the app auto-calculates damage and treasure values, letting you take advantage of rapid readout treasure counts in your and your opponents' dungeons.
* What are some of the features in Digital Boss Monster? *
- Play against up to three AI opponents in solo play.
- Challenge other human opponents online.
- Play with ALL of the bosses, rooms, and spells available in the base game ...including rare out-of-print cards!
- Explore new "digitally-enhanced" cards: four rooms, three new Bosses, and a new spell that all take advantage of the digital platform, allowing stats and treasure values to change as you play (coming in future expansions).
Visit the official Digital Boss Monster Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DigitalBossMonster/ to learn about updates, new developments, and organized multiplayer play times for the game!
Thanks for your support of Boss Monster!
-Fixed crash when there is no internet connection in single player
-Now expansions screen shows info of current online users
-Online timers have been increased in multiplayer mode
-Online stability improved
-General game stability improved during gameplay
-Tutorial stability improved
-Spell T.P.K. included
-Solved touch recognition problems
-Hero alignment inside the card
-Timeouts included during Online games to improve timing
-Timers are now visible from carousels in Online mode
-AI is now smartest than ever!
-Teleportation spell bug fixed
-UI improvements for a better look
-General performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but not quite perfect
I have had this game for about a 5 days now and I love it. The unique concept and strategic gameplay are really quite enjoyable. But the singular flaw this game has, is that it requires you to invest a lot of money unlock the main game as well as its extra content. I understand you have to make your money some how, and that extra content should be charged for, but do you really need to put things like multiplayer, more heroes, more bosses/monsters and more ai players under lock and key without giving up some dough? But even with this I still greatly enjoy playing this game. You don't have to fully change it, but I would like the full, core game bought for just a little less. Perhaps 2 maybe 3 dollars? Thanks.
Gorgeous but Unplayable (Crashes Constantly)
I want to like this game, but it doesn't work. Game loads slowly and has a chance to crash on every single screen. There is a 25-screen tutorial. I have never gotten past screen 22 without the thing crashing, and there is no way to bypass that tutorial to actually play the game.
Not that it would matter, given the constant crashes. I have every confidence that, were I to be able to proceed to the game itself, it would freeze and crash in short order from any of a number of other reasons. It's very frustrating.
Stabilize the game and this is a 5-star product. As-is, it is a complete waste of time, money, and device storage space. Which is a real shame :(
Good, remove timers please
- captures much of the classic game feel - you do feel like you are playing Boss Monster.
- option to turn off music appreciated!
- must get rid of "timers" - they are annoying, detract from strategic play and NOT part of classic game. "Continue?" Prompt would be better (-2 stars)
- user interface for selecting and playing cards feels wrong - some of the cards don’t work right (-1 star)
- 3 player play is not available - I can’t purchase anything, I can’t unlock anything - what is the point of that (-1 star)
- the game needs a "review", replay or undo system... it's impossible to tell if the game play by the AI was correct or not.
- only three bosses available?! Rip off
- can't seem to purchase in app content - just shows "?" For price and clicking purchase does nothing.
- I hope to see the variant play options eventually, but did not affect my rating
- I’d gladly pay for expansions, but it won’t let you buy anything
- Plain Concepts S.L.
- 107.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Plain Concepts and Brotherwise Games All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.