By the bossjocks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Podcast from iOS, no PC needed.
"A podcasting powerhouse"
"BossJock is certainly one of the best in its category (for me, the Best!). One Killer App!!!"
- Apps4iDevices.com 4/4 Guitars "Killer App"
"...if you podcast on the go, you should adore this app."
- AppSafari 4.5/5 Stars
"My Best in Show"
- Dave Jackson, School of PodCasting .com
"Makes the show an actual performance, not an edit job."
- Sean Duregger (@geekCouch)
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio productions on your iPhone and iPad.
bossjock is not an audio editor or multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in action.
bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record, trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post production.
- Record your voice while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly.
- Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is automatically applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Up to 16 Carts on the iPhone 5 and 35 Carts on the iPad duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions.
- Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Wifi, or AudioPaste from other music apps.
- Advanced Cart editing lets you fine tune playback in and out points on a per cart basis as well as Cart color and behaviors including looping, fades, auto-rewind and ducking.
- Audiobus lets you receive live audio from other Audiobus-compatible apps as a Cart or Mic source or use bossjock studio to feed other Audiobus-compatible recording apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Encodes to all your favorite formats – Mp3, m4a, Wav, Aiff with image and description metadata.
- Exports to FTP for Podcasters, Email for Audioboo via BooMail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Wifi, iTunes Share, and AudioCopy to other apps.
- Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey (audio tests on bossjockstudio.com).
In honor of the "Boss Jocks" who ruled the airwaves in the 60's - bossjock studio is crafted by Libsyn co-founder Dave Mansueto and Ed Filowat, creator of the kilojam audio engine.
Recordings made with bossjock speak for themselves! Listen to it in action on http://bossjockstudio.com
follow us on facebook.com/bossjockapp
and twitter @bossjockapp
What's New in Version 1.6.6
Bugfixes for voiceover
Best app of it's kind!
This really is the best app for podcasting, or several other kinds of quick audio assembly work. It's got so many features, it's crazy. I found myself using it for things I never expected to. I am an audio engineer and musician, and am used to working with some pretty cool gear. However, there are times when I will just plug my phone in, turn it all the way up, and use this app to play clips and prerecorded segments. Really, if you do any kind of audio work with mobile equipment, you need to have this app.
The only reason I haven't given it five stars, is because of two things I think it should do and it doesn't:
1. You cannot trim the beginning and ends of recordings made in the app. You have to use an outside app to do that, then reimport them, if you have some reason to do it such as removing preshow conversation from an MP3 final. Something simple, like the iOS camera video editing interface, would be sufficient.
2. I would like to see inter-app audio (IAA) support.
#1 used app on my phone
You have the most used app on my iPhone, and it was one of the best investment in apps for the IOS platform. Thanks for the Application everyone who wants to do anything in sharing audio should have. I have heard from several individuals, "Michael how do you make your podcast sound so good", or "that sounded professionally produced". I am typically not even using the best quality equipment, e.g. typically the headphone microphone i have closest to me.
Never stop being delightful, and feel free to share my feelings with anyone who is curious about your application. I’ll be sure to leave this in the app store as well.
very good + few recent issues
I'm a fan. Have expanded my use of bossjock to post to Libsyn (which then auto creates a WP post and serves iTunes) and SoundCloud. Have run into these recent issues:
1) when I export MP4 via FTP ... the title automatically gets an .mp4 added to the end. This title is then used in SoundCloud, iTunes, and the title of WP blog. ;
2) just in the last 2 days BossJock will post to SoundCloud but the file never fully renders. Even after about 10 hours when i clicked the podcast on SC I rec'd an error saying "still processing". Look forward to sorting these issues so bossjock can continue being a go-to app for mobile podcasting!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 21, 2014
- Version: 1.6.6
- Size: 21.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dave Mansueto
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.