By Amanita Design
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
* Mac App Store Best of 2012
* IGF 2012 Excellence in Audio Award
* Top 25 games of 2012 - The Guardian
* Game of the Year - jayisgames.com
* IndieCade 2012 Best Story/World Design Award
* IGM Readers' Choice Award in Best Sound / Music
* UK Music And Sound Awards nominee
* The Best Video Game Music of 2012 - Kotaku
* Top Indie PC Games of 2012 - avault.com
* An amazing and heartwarming adventure. (90%)
* Botanicula far surpassed my expectations, and qualifies as one of the best emotionally-driven point-and-click adventures ever.
* Botanicula is so damned good that it probably won't even wind up on Metacritic.
Botanicula is a humor-filled adventure game created by the makers of award-winning Machinarium, studio Amanita Design and Czech band DVA.
Five friends, little tree creatures, set out on a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites.
- Relaxed game perfect for hard core gamers, their partners, families and seniors.
- More than 150 detailed locations to explore.
- Hundreds of funny animations.
- Incredible amount of hidden bonuses.
- Award winning music by DVA.
Botanicula is also available on iPad. Don't forget to try also Machinarium (available on Mac and iPad).
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor bug fixing
Wonderful, Astonishing Creativity
I'll admit it: I'm not much of a gamer, these days. But every now and then, when I need a break from thesis-writing, I look for games that can tell me stories, that can engage other parts of my brain in creative and refreshing ways. Botanicula does this in spades; the entire universe the game is set in is completely alien, and must be explored and interacted with to yield understanding. The creatures are delightful, surprising, occasionally laugh-out-loud funny, and always touchingly sweet and innocent (which is something of a hallmark for Amanita Designs' work -- I also recommend Machinarium unequivocally). The scenery is exquisitely beautiful, the colors rich and saturated, the interface easy to figure out with a satisfying number of totally unique puzzles, and the soundtrack is so much fun I went and bought it from iTunes as soon as I'd finished the game. If shoot-'em-up is not your style, and you're looking for a puzzle game that is like nothing else you've seen, this is the game.
Played it with my 6 yr old. It was perfect for both of us - poetic, imaginative and mildly challenging.
Pure Genius !
Love Amanita Designs. Always full of elegance, beauty, a sense of innocence and humanity. Hope I can get Botanicula on iPad as well, so I can play the game anywhere …….