Botanicula is a humor-filled adventure game from Amanita Design, creators of award-winning Machinarium and Samorost series, and Czech band DVA.
Five friends, little tree creatures, set out on a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites.
- Relaxed game perfect for hard core gamers, their partners, families and seniors.
- More than 150 detailed locations to explore.
- Hundreds of funny animations.
- Incredible amount of hidden bonuses.
- Award winning music by Dva.
* "One of the prettiest things on iPad" - Kotaku
* "You absolutely need to check it out" (90%) - Toucharcade
* "A bold, bright, and brilliant" (90%) - PocketGamer
* "An amazing and heartwarming" (90%) - IGN
* Metacritic Score 88
* IGF Excellence in Audio Award
* Game of the Year - jayisgames.com
* IndieCade: Best Story/World Design Award
* IGM Readers' Choice Award in Best Sound / Music
simplified singing birds puzzle in part 3
Ratings and Reviews
Talk about an outer body experience kind of game
Can I just say that whoever came up with the idea/plot and visuals of this game are absolutely whole heartedly talented people!!!! The way you figure out the puzzles and the different worlds and different creatures... I could just go on and on. Figuring out the puzzles really put your brain to work while giving you a sense of actually playing a game at the same time. Wow. I definitely recommend it you guys. I bought the bundle pack and am currently on Machinarium, so Samorost will be last. Can’t wait to see more from these developers. (An under the sea version would be to die for, give me a cut if you use this idea please lol -no but seriously.)
Wait, where is my save?
I was super excited to play this game but I think it needs more clear menu icons and choices.
HOW DO I SAVE??
I got the game today and it seriously is such an amazing concept with beautiful graphics. I played until I was half way through finding the keys and then I went to do homework. I got back and I was back at the beginning! I really don't want this to happen again because that it one of the most frustrating things in a game. Also, the sounds of the characters are a bit loud.
Overall, I want to play this game for as long as I can but I don't want to risk my save being lost. I'd really like some clarification on how to save or an update if it doesn't exist. That's why I'm giving it 4 starts for now. Great job!!
EDITED: it's about a week or two later and honestly I'm so annoyed. I really want to play this whole game but I'm always sent back to the very beginning when I was at part 6. Can anyone help me maybe tell me why this is happening or can you guys maybe try to improve that? Once that is fixed I would love this game but right now it's just frustrating and I can't play because I know I'll be sent back again.
Best game I've played
I just finished the app games and wished they were more.
This app really capture my attention, thought provoking and keep my desire to keep playing. The attention to detail animation, cool graphics, fun puzzles and strategy games keeps me playing and feel good about myself when I successfully attain each level.
I'm not one who spends a lot of time on apps but this app is great! Even my 8yr old son loves it. It's definitely for all ages.
More levels please .. I'll miss these little things of friends... woo hoo!
Very nice creation and looking for forward to more apps from this company.
- Amanita Design s.r.o.
- 660.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Amanita Design s.r.o.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.