By Amanita Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Botanicula is a humor-filled adventure game from Amanita Design, creators of award-winning Machinarium and Samorost series, and Czech band DVA.
Five friends, little tree creatures, set out on a journey to save the last seed from their home tree which is infested by evil parasites.
- Relaxed game perfect for hard core gamers, their partners, families and seniors.
- More than 150 detailed locations to explore.
- Hundreds of funny animations.
- Incredible amount of hidden bonuses.
- Award winning music by Dva.
* "One of the prettiest things on iPad" - Kotaku
* "You absolutely need to check it out" (90%) - Toucharcade
* "A bold, bright, and brilliant" (90%) - PocketGamer
* "An amazing and heartwarming" (90%) - IGN
* Metacritic Score 88
* IGF Excellence in Audio Award
* Game of the Year - jayisgames.com
* IndieCade: Best Story/World Design Award
* IGM Readers' Choice Award in Best Sound / Music
What's New in Version 1.1.2
game title localized to Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
I don't play games often. I've only played little big planet and puppeteer because they are beautiful and adorable. My husband bought me machinarium on PS3 a while ago and I LOVED it. He found this game for me a couple days ago and I'm obsessed with it. I love how beautiful it is. It's so unique, original and unlike anything I've seen. The voices and music are so cute and funny. I finished the game over the weekend and it was such a pleasure. Having no instructions can be frustrating at times but it makes it challenging and rewarding when you finally figure it out. Money well spent. When people complain about spending $0.99-$4.99 on a game like this, I have to roll my eyes because think about the talent and hard work that went into making this game. I just saw they have a game called Samorost, I plan on buying it right now!
I used to play puzzle games on the computer as a kid, like Putt-putt and Pajama Sam, the kind of puzzle games where you have to figure out your surroundings and find what's hidden. I can't tell you how long I've been looking for a game like that and I stumbled across it when I found Botanicula! I LOVE this game! I hope the producers continue to make more games like this, with the amazing animation and audio. I love these games! I look forward to exploring the others :)
One thing to improve on: there was little to no way to access any help on the difficult levels as far as what to do. I had to reference gameplay videos just to get a hint on a couple of the puzzles
This is actually a pretty great game from Amanita Design. I wasn't sure at first, as not much was explained. I greatly enjoyed Machinarium, but I had no idea what the specifics of Botanicula were. Well, it's a cute little story using characters from nature to complete the mission of saving the trees and the tree dwellings from the evil creatures that are killing their world. It did get tricky at times, so sometimes I used a walkthrough. No big deal, as most of the time you try enough things and end up figuring it out. Nice music too. And one last thing, it had some pretty humorous moments that sometimes actually made me laugh out loud. Very fun, and gave me a positive feeling while playing. 👍
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 24, 2017
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 660 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Amanita Design s.r.o
- © Amanita Design s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.