Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BounceOff is a tool for sharing ideas, concepts, decisions and whatever else with other people who are not in the same room as you.
- Short, concise messages
- Organized by threads
- Vote up and down topics
- Attach files and/or links with previews of each
- Invite others to your private discussions
- Push notifications when someone posts, no email clutter
- Web Application for those without iOS devices
We don't always work in the same geographical location anymore. But we still need to bounce ideas and concepts off each other for whatever reason. The traditional tools available to us are sub-optimal. We are too busy and can't focus longer than five minutes on any one task.
Email doesn't work for this purpose:
- It takes much less effort for you to write down long, rambling thoughts then it does for someone else to read, understand, formulate, and respond. You need to be FOCUSED in order to get valid feedback.
- Email is high latency. You may be doing something else. You probably get *tons* of email. Sifting through it all delays responses. Further, if it takes lots of effort for you to respond to an email, you will put it off. You need LOW LATENCY.
Twitter and its ilk don't work for this purpose:
- It isn't focused along threads of thought.
- It's easy to miss something and also not know there is a new thought.
- Files and URLs are not first class citizens.
Project Management tools don't work for this purpose:
- You are talking about ideas that don't need resources assigned to them. Who knows if you are even going to use these concepts?
- The tools are not light weight. They are not focused. You want your mind clear of all distractions. PM tools are designed to manage work. You aren't working yet.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixes crash on 3G phones running iOS 3.1
- Fixes crash on 3GS when drilling into thread
- Fixes graphical issues on non-Retina displays
- Adds a tutorial to startup and help screens explaining BounceOff.
- Adds a button to directly email our helpdesk system.
As a previous reviewer mentioned, the app crashes every time you try to invite others. Tried on website, returns Server Error 500- "MISSING VALUE. AT CHARACTER 0 of Class: BUCKETCONTROLLER, at line: (133)
Wow what a great concept! Yeah if it only worked!!! This app doesn't even allow you to create an account.