Bouncy the People Trainer's You Can Learn - Teacher Edition
By Ripple Effects
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bouncy’s You Can Learn Teacher Edition is specially designed for educators:
• Built-in Data Manager that allows teachers to track student progress
• Print and electronic copies of the Teacher’s Guide (with scope and sequence, parent engagement letters in multiple languages, lesson plans, theory base and extension activities)
• Born for Greatness, hardcover & e-book
• Built in access to Bouncy’s Howmuch-ometer for Mindsets app, used to measure young learners' academic mindset growth over time
• Extensive supplemental resources
Bouncy’s You Can Learn is a fun and engaging social-emotional learning program designed to develop the mindsets needed to persevere and succeed in learning for four, five, and six-year-olds. Bouncy is an irresistible three-legged dog who models strength, humor and resilience in the face of challenges. Kids learn from Bouncy that if they care enough, believe in themselves, try hard and keep trying when things get tough, they can learn to read and count, control their behavior, and make friends – regardless of how many challenges they might face.
You Can Learn is designed to reach many different kinds of learners:
• Peer modeling for learners who like to watch first
• Life-like avatar and interactive “What If” exercises for those who like to jump in and do
• Narration, songs, and sound effects for those who get more from what they hear
• Interactive story and cartoon for those who learn best from stories and metaphor
Avatar: You Can Learn uses avatars to create a sense of ownership and agency about learning:
• Learners choose eyes, hair, skin color and clothes (including dress up costumes) to create a life-like avatar, from 2600 possible combinations.
• The avatar then stars in an animated cartoon story and throughout the program to learn key concepts.
What If: You Can Learn teaches social emotional skills by:
• Encouraging learners to interact with the material on each screen.
• Creating opportunities for feedback.
• Giving learners time to practice what they're learned. Extension activities on the web with exercises for parents and downloadable music and coloring sheets for kids help extend learning beyond the iPad.
• Having learners apply what they're learned to themselves through the “What ifs?” and “Art” exercises.
Activities: You Can Learn is fun and engaging:
• Some kids learn best through music. For them we have songs and a drum set to play along with!
• Some learn through creating art. For them we have an urban sidewalk and chalk to draw with. Each child has their very own room to display their art and trophies.
• Other learners want a way to know they “get it”. For this we have the “Got it?” games and personal scorecard.
About Ripple Effects
Ripple Effects is a woman owned social enterprise that believes every child was born for greatness. However, we also understand greatness doesn’t happen automatically. Children need to systematically train their body, feelings and mind to grow into it. Bouncy’s Social-Emotional Learning Platform is adapted for younger learners from the multi-award winning Ripple Effects Whole Spectrum Intervention System for teen and elementary students, which is listed as a preventive intervention for children’s mental health and substance abuse on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP), a list vetted by SAMHSA, a Division of NIH.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 09, 2016
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 604 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ripple Effects, Inc.
- © 2015 Ripple Effects
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.