Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to know as soon as something happens?
Boxcar is for you!
Boxcar is a free personalized push and alerts inbox for your iPhone that enables you to manage and live news in real-time.
Boxcar is a service that allows you to receive push notifications and alerts from news sites, social networks and all types of internet services.
With the brand new "actions in filters, it allows you to limit the information overload to get alerts about only what really matters to you.
Want to know as soon as your favorite websites are updated? Use Boxcar to subscribe to their RSS feeds and we'll send you an alert when new posts are published.
Want to know when people you follow post a new Tweet ? Use Boxcar for this too and you'll never be the last to comment.
Want to get a push when you receive a mail ? Simply forward your mail to our special provided address and you are set.
Be updated anywhere at anytime on your iPhone due to a central inbox for all your RSS, Mail, Twitter and IFTTT notifications.
Enjoy a clutter free reading experience by using Readability service.
Choose from our custom push notification sounds, "per service".
Create filters to gather your feeds by topics, interests...
... And read notifications while offline.
Share articles (Twitter, Facebook) or read them later by adding them to your reading list.
The settings screen allows you to decide:
- how much notifications you want to keep in cache
- if you want to background fetch in Wifi only (for example when you are outside your own country)
- select which sound you want in app, globally and per source.
This screen also shows you your personal email address, that you can use to forward your emails and get mail push notifications.
This version currently support RSS feeds, Twitter, mail and IFTTT alerts.
More services being added shortly!
Enjoy this new experience!
What's New in Version 1.4.3
We fixed a few more bugs:
- Fix an issue causing crashes for some user when deleting a notification in article list.
- Fix an issue causing crashes when editing filter actions
- Fix an issue causing few crashes for Internet search in feed
- Fix an issue with Twitter account edit
Excellent - Apple Watch App Needs Work
App is excellent. Just what I was looking for! And they have Yosemite Safari notifications, so it can come right to your Mac too!! Only complaint is the Apple Watch App. When you load it, it doesn't show the messages, but instead has a Silent Mode and Filter Screen. I wasn't sure how to see the notifications at first. So maybe display the notifications (all) up front, and let the user customize what default Filter to use, if any. Silent mode can be like force touch or something. But overall excellent app! Well worth a try!
Does what it Sets out to do very well
I never write reviews but this app is great but there are some bugs that need squashing. The software often forgets all my RSS feeds which means I need to re-add them. A huge annoyance. I love the iPhone notifications for RSS feeds which happen to be perfect for the subreddits I frequent. MY only other complaint is that it doesn't let you save pics to your camera roll. It's a feature request but it does let you launch links in safari and you can save from there. Hope they add that in the future.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ProcessOne
- © ProcessOne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.