By Effortless Code Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Boxing Timer is an application designed for your boxing training, sparring and workouts. Boxing Timer gives you a fully configurable round timer on your iPhone™ and iPod® touch.
The application can also be used for other sports and training, such as Mixed Martial Arts, Grappling, Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Wrestling and any other sports requiring timed rounds.
The application counts each round for you and uses a classic digital display for time. Boxing Timer is designed to alert you of the current period at all times. Your iPhone or iPod touch can be rotated to provide an extra large time display. Bells signal the start and end of each round and also a warning period.
Boxing Timer has the following features:
• Configurable time periods for the preparation, round, warning period, and rest period
• Coloured backgrounds signifying the particular stage of the round
• Round counter
• Bell sounds are configurable to indicate the start and end of rounds and the warning period
• Vibration (iPhone only) to indicate the start and end of rounds and the warning period
• Sounds effects and/or vibration (iPhone only) may be turned off
• Extra large landscape display
• Classic digital time display
• Auto-lock can be disabled to prevent screen locking during rounds
• Tap anywhere on the screen to start/pause
• Timer position can be saved when application is exited
• Runs in the background on devices that support multitasking
Note: If your rounds are being interrupted by your device's Auto-Lock feature, then please switch "Auto-Lock" to off in your Boxing Timer's Options screen.
What's New in Version 2.4.0
Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Started ok, but useless now
I've owned this for a while and have had some success with it. It gets 2 stars because I like that it is very customizable. I have been using it to run intervals recently and it has been arbitrarily turning off as I have paused it in the middle of a round. Sometimes during the first round. Sometime during any other one. I know it's not me because it always stops when there is some version of 57 seconds (1:57, 3:57, etc). It happens during the round or rest. When I'm running and can't watch the timer, this wrecks the workout. I just deleted it. I reached out to the developer through the app and received no response. Time to find a new one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 19, 2014
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Effortless Code Limited
- © 2010 Chris Gummer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.