Boxy: email client for "Inbox by Gmail"
By Francesco Di Lorenzo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Boxy is the best client for 'Inbox by Gmail' — featured on The Verge, The Next Web, Charged, LifeHacker, MacWorld, Netted by The Webbys, The Modern Desk and Gear Patrol.
It gives you all the power of ‘Inbox', with the convenience of a native client and unique features like Reader Mode, Themes and Markdown support.
Boxy works with any Gmail account. Visit google.com/inbox (http://google.com/inbox) to discover Inbox!
= What makes Boxy an amazing email client? =
* Modern, clean, responsive interface
* Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
* Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
* Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, White, Dark and Black
* Native OS X notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
* Markdown support in the email composer
* You can make it your default email client
* Full screen and split screen support
* Menubar icon, colored blue to indicate new unread emails
* VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
* Full screen email composer
* Hide attachments preview and email previews to make your Inbox cleaner
* Option for bigger/smaller font size
* Spell check while typing and emoji support
* Drafts sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
* Safe and super lightweight
* Retina ready and built for El Capitan
* Regular free updates
And of course we fully support all of 'Inbox by Gmail' amazing features, like:
* Snooze your emails
* Automatically suggested smart replies
* Add Reminders right in your inbox
* Bundles keep emails organized
* ‘Trips' smart bundle and previews
* Pin emails to keep them in your inbox
* Smart newsletters preview
* Google Calendar emails are automatically parsed
* ‘Saved' bundle for your saved links
* Full archive search with smart queries
And so much more!
For support please visit http://www.boxyapp.co/support
Boxy is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Gmail, Google, ‘Inbox by Gmail' and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
while we are hard at work on Boxy 2.0 (more info at www.boxyapp.co/2), this is a compatibility update for upcoming macOS releases which squashes most of the bugs.
Stay tuned for more (free) updates in the upcoming months.
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you like Boxy and want to support its development, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it.
Works great, does everything you’d want.
Best standalone Inbox wrapper.
The only issue is the reliability of notifications.
I am happy with Boxy!
I have been using Boxy for quite awhile. The only issue I can think of is mailto: links from web browser does not lauch Boxy. This is not a big deal to me. I just right click and copy email address, jump to boxy and paste the address in. Overall I have been pleased. Would like to see the mailto: links start working though. Great job so far guys! Keep up the good work!
So close, but actually pretty far...
I like the GUI and the Google Inbox support, some other nice features, and the skin selection is great. But, it doesn’t handle attachments well, nor Sharing from Safari, nor drag n drop onto icon for image attachments, etc. Really close to being a 5 star app, but I’m currently searching for something more functionally reliable.
EDIT: I’ve tried the rest, this is the “best.” Disappointed, but this will do for now I guess. Why are there so few people wanting to make a good Mac Mail alternative?