Boxy 2 is finally here. This is a minimal and powerful e-mail client you’ll fall in love with, and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up with new features and themes, a thoroughly refined interface and countless improvements.
Boxy is built for ‘Inbox by Gmail’, so it works with any Gmail account. Inbox by Gmail makes your inbox smarter and more powerful, with features like Trips, Highlights, Snooze and Quick Replies.
** Featured on The Verge, The Next Web, Wired, Charged, LifeHacker, MacWorld, Netted by The Webbys, The Modern Desk and Gear Patrol. **
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BOXY
- Modern, clean, responsive interface, completely refined in version 2
- Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
- Status bar menu with quick access to your accounts and their unread counts
- Full support to ‘Inbox by Gmail’ and its distinctive features. (Trips bundles, reservations previews, saved links and much more)
- Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
- Saved Searches, for users who frequently need to search using the same queries
- Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, Dark, White, Black and Crimson
- Native macOS notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
- Markdown support in the email composer
- VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
- Full screen email composer
- Smaller minimum window size compared to all other clients
- Granular interface settings to make it perfect for you
- All in sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
- Regular free updates
And of course we fully support all of 'Inbox by Gmail' amazing features, like:
- Snooze your emails
- Automatically suggested smart replies
- Add Reminders right in your inbox
- Bundles keep emails organized
- ‘Trips' smart bundle and previews
- Pin emails to keep them in your inbox
- Smart newsletters preview
- Google Calendar events parsing and invites shortcuts in the inbox
- ‘Saved' bundle for your saved links
- Full archive search with smart queries
And so much more!
Boxy is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Gmail, Google, ‘Inbox by Gmail' and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Just a little update with some bug fixes.
If you like Boxy, please rate it with every update! Thanks for your continued support and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is fine but developer doesn’t fix problems promptly
In its features, particularly the ability to print directly from the app and its special reader view, Boxy has been my favorite of the InBox OS X apps — when it works. There have been two problems with Boxy, and the most persistent has been a lack of timely fixes from the developer. Example: several days ago the “Accounts” menu disappeared and I no longer had access to any account other than my primary one. I notified the developer as soon as I noticed the problem and after 4 days there’s still no fix. If the developers want Boxy to be an app that any InBox user will be willing to use, they will need to do better.
Of the competition, InBoxee fixes issues promptly but doesn’t have the range of features that Boxy does. Kiwi for Gmail doesn’t support InBox, but InBox will work in it. Kiwi’s biggest problem is that it keeps all accounts open at once and thus uses more CPU and memory.
A positive experience.
Google isn’t known for building native-ish applications of even their most heavily used applications so for this alone I commend you. The amount of polish far exceeds the price (and anything you’d get for free off Github) so that alone warrants the stars. If it is imperfect then that would likely be because of the fact that this isn’t a Google product.
I wish more people understood that finite dev resources means that reported bugs won’t be fixed instantly. Squashing bugs effectively is about prioritization not whatever pain point is most relevant to you, random user.
I hope the developer doesn’t abandon what is probably a side project (given the price) because of the asinine whining in the reviews.
Hope it gets better… I like the idea
— It has nice color themes.
— It’s an app.
— Inbox by Google is already very good.
— Notification count isn’t accurate (so many apps get this wrong, I assume it’s just hard).
— Animations are choppy. I’d expect a native reskin of an already slick web app to be even smother.
— Generally, the app feels slow.
— Surprised they didn’t redo the most frustrating thing about Inbox: when you’re writing a reply inline, close it, go back to complete it, and it pops up a window from the bottom. This app is truly just a reskin.
— The last email you were looking at is always highted? I don’t get the point of this.
— The account switcher is identical to Google’s. Seems like something they could have made much simpler and better.
— Switching accounts is very slow. Seems like it should take no time, but it reloads the inbox each time you switch.
— Clicking on “Contacts” just opens contacts in your browser.
— When you click on a notification, it opens a separate app window. This may be just when you’re viewing one Inbox, and are clicking on a notification for another account. But still should open in the same main app window.
Hi Brandon, thanks so much taking the time to write this feedback, and sorry for the issue you're encountering. Be assured that we're working hard to make Boxy better and we will take your review into account.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.