BoxyTunes — the audio, music, and podcast player for Dropbox!
PRICE ALERT: BoxyTunes is on sale now at a reduced price for a limited time. Download today and lock in the lower price!
Finally! Now you can take all your music with you thanks to the easy to use cloud music player, BoxyTunes.
• FREEDOM! Cut the cord! Wirelessly play music or podcasts on your iOS device. With BoxyTunes, you create a music playlist that's built from any song in your Dropbox account.
• CONTROL! Play, pause, or skip tracks from your iPhone earbuds, Bluetooth headphones, or the iPhone lock screen.
• CUSTOMIZE! Download, rearrange, and delete tracks to customize your playlist.
• MULTI-TASK! "Set it and forget it." BoxyTunes plays in the background while you use other iPhone apps.
• ANY WAY YOU WANT IT! BoxyTunes is a universal iPad/iPhone/iPod touch app, and it supports the iPhone 4's Retina display. Go ahead and rotate - BoxyTunes works in any orientation.
• FLEXIBILITY! BoxyTunes supports mp3, m4a, wav, aiff, mp4, caf, and aac files.
● Vari-speed scrubbing. Sliding horizontally seeks within the song and sliding vertically changes the scrubbing speed.
● "Quick rewind" button lets you jump back 30 seconds with just a click.
● Displays cover art, album, artist, and song title for mp3, m4a, and mp4 files.
● AirPlay compatible! In app controls for switching between Bluetooth and AirPlay devices (e.g. Apple TV) for sound output.
• Mac users: Create a symbolic link in Dropbox to your iTunes podcast directory. This will let you wirelessly get podcasts from Dropbox as your computer downloads them at home.
• Files stay on your device until deleted from your playlist (even if you restart the app or the phone). So once a transfer is complete, you can go ahead and use airplane mode.
• • •
BoxyTunes requires a FREE Dropbox account. A 2GB Dropbox account is FREE and you can even sign up from within the app. Or go to http://dropbox.com to learn more about Dropbox plans and pricing.
BoxyTunes supports mp3, m4a, wav, aiff, mp4, caf, and aac files. Note that support is limited to formats supported by iOS. For example, while wav files created by iTunes will play, wav files created by other programs may not work.
- New iOS7 design.
- Fixes crash on iOS7.
Ratings and Reviews
Better Music Dropbox app
The app is slick looking and easy to use. Do recommend as quick to get music on device and start listening without the hoops of syncing with ITunes. Great if sampling songs, listening to podcasts or audio books.
Missing a few items I would like to see.
One is it follows Apple conventions on pause/play. For example when take or receive a call app pauses but does't resume when call is ended. Another example is music plays through speakers when other external sources (Bluetooth, headphones, etc) are removed. It should pause instead to avoid music blaring out unexpectedly.
Two, the ability to "download all" of a folder instead of having to choose each file,
Three, delete all option. That way can easily clear out all songs instead of having to do it one at a time.
Great app for audiobooks
This app makes it simple to load parts of audiobooks through dropbox and then listen to them. The button to “quick rewind” 30 seconds is great when you miss something because of some noise or spacing or whatever. It is great.
Exactly what I was looking for
I had a need to be able to play MP3 files which I had stored in Dropbox and had tried a lot of the freebies. None did it as well as this app.
This is really good and very easy to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.