A unique approach to file renaming.
Select the files to be renamed, drop them in the window (or use right-click -> Open in BR-Renamer), and start editing like in any normal text editor.
But unlike a normal text editor, BR-Renamer allows multiple cursors and block selections. Making it is possible to insert/replace text in all filenames simultaneously, resulting in an extremely quick renaming action. Finally you can clean up that folder with hundreds (or more?) files!
- Can read text tags from supported files and insert these tags into the file name
- Inserting a sequentially increasing number on each line with only two mouse-clicks, using leading zero's if desired.
- Select text simultaneously in all lines.
- Using a regular expression for text selection with live updating of the screen while typing the regular expression.
- A special status column informs about possible naming conflicts.
- Use of right-click (or ctrl-click) in each column for extra options.
- Extensive undo/redo support.
- Copy/Paste works on multiple lines (cyclic paste buffer).
- Modify the filenames and review the result before committing the changes.
- Help topics available.
Name change from BR-Renamer to BR-FileRenamer
Can now read text tags from the following file types:
- MP3 (ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4)
- FLAC (VORBIS, ID3)
- TIFF (v6)
Remembers file/folder access rights between sessions (reduces the number of 'locked folder' messages)
Added session persistence (i.e. at startup the old contents and situation of the window will be restored)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.