Brain Blaze Word Roots Flashcards for GRE* & SAT* Prep
By IMAK Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With BB Word Roots, you will learn 156 important Greek and Latin word roots. These word roots are essential to learning advanced vocabulary words, such as those found on the SAT and GRE.
To help you learn, each flash card displays an easy word and two more difficult words derived from the word root. Use the easy word as a mnemonic device to help you remember the meaning of the word root.
• 1 deck of the top 156 word roots you should know
• 12 sets of flash cards of increasing difficulty level
• 3 example words, with definitions, for each word root
• 4 bonus review sets for frequently missed flash cards
• 6 multiple choice answers per flash card
• 6 user profiles for individual progress tracking
• 3 unique color-coded grids track your progress
* GRE and SAT are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Services and the College Board, respectively, which were not involved in the production of and do not endorse this product.
ABOUT IMAK CREATIONS:
IMAK Creations is a family business based in Austin, Texas. Everyone plays a role in creating our applications, which are focused on art, education, creativity, and fun. Thank you for your support.
If you're preparing for the SAT or GRE or want to improve your vocabulary, you might find some of our other apps helpful - Brain Blaze Vocabulary, Brain Blaze WhichWord, and Brain Blaze Spelling. Search "IMAK Creations" in iTunes or visit http://www.IMAKcreations.com for a complete list of our applications.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Fix error that make app unusable with iOS6.
Added study guide.
Yes, I like and want more
This app works flawlessly in offer of flash card methods to learn word roots. The makers could benefit by expanding on this model to generate more word root sets. The colored progress tables do not seem to tie in or measure directly your progress as it relates to the users performance, but I appreciate the intent. Overall a great app with more potential awaiting release.
This app has been fun for my children and me for the last four years. I like the hints and scoring. The flash cards circle back around to the missed ones just like you would do IRL.
I was really hoping this app would help me develop my vocabulary for the gre, but it crashes as soon as I start the game. Not worth paying $4 for.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 26, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Karen Weems
- © 2009-2012 IMAK Creations. All Rights Reserved. Brain Blaze™ is a trademark of IMAK Creations.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.