This is an educational medical application, designed for medical students and residents, as well as educators and practitioners in the fields of neurology, neuroanatomy and neurosurgery. The app provides a highly detailed and interactive atlas of the human brainstem and the classic syndromes that can result from vascular compromise.
- A comprehensive ATLAS of structures --nuclei, tracts, cranial nerves and arteries-- along with the perfect lineup of the coronal sections that depict structure locations and arterial territories.
- 3D renditions of the stem that put fragments of information into an organic context.
- An interactive PROFILE for each stem cross-section, with the appropriate MRI and a discussion of function and clinical significance of the structures within that section.
- A CLINICAL page that describes and demonstrates the anatomy and the manifestations of brainstem-related diseases. You'll just have to see this one on your own!
- A DRAW-PAD , designed to hint trace outlines of each section, serving as the optimal space for individual practice and group discussion.
- Updated clinical information
- New artwork
- Faster load times
- Updates to the draw page
- iOS 8 compatibility
- Layout and design updates and fixes
- Stability improvements
Thank you for downloading our app! If you enjoy using Brainstem101, please consider leaving us a nice review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Stunning and useful
This is my favorite neuroanatomy App. It's designed with great attention to every detail. Very beautiful, amaaaaaaazing, and very useful, esp the note taking feature. I wish there were more apps from them. :))
Great for Med school neuro. Knocked down one star since levels are not named. I would prefer not to use another resource to tell at which level I am looking. Awesome otherwise!
Best brainstem app!
I have this on my iPad and love it. Very handy for a clinician. Would be awesome if an iPhone version was available too.
- Omid Zebarjadi
- 23.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Omid Zebarjadi and Cameron Ehrlich
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.