Brainy Skills Inferencing Game provides basic beginning level inferencing questions and situations in an exciting game format. Even the simplest inferencing can be difficult for some children. Children begin to make observations when they can see something happening. In contrast, inferences are what they figure out based on an experience or relating to an experience, which is more abstract. Helping students understand when information is implied, or not directly stated, will improve their skills in drawing conclusions, making inferences/predictions, reasoning, problem solving, logic, critical thinking, cognitive skills and even social skills. Special needs students can benefit greatly from gaining inferencing abilities in this motivating format which provides the building blocks for more difficult inferencing.
These skills will be needed for all types of school assignments, including reading, science, social studies and many other subjects, as well as life in general. Inferential thinking is a complex skill that will develop over time and with experience. Questions may ask why a person may have responded as he did or what the child thinks will happen next. Because young children are quite literal, this is often very difficult and they have to “read between the lines.”
Questions are presented in a game format, giving the student the opportunity to choose the best answer, that would make the most logical sense, given the details provided. It will help students read into important situations in their future, simply by developing and expanding these important skills. Teachers, parents and therapists can use these for critical thinking discussion questions, rational thought, and common sense predictions. Some topics touch on common social skill scenarios.
• Over 100+ questions in random order
• Answers are not directly stated in the question, so the user must use critical thinking abilities
• Motivationally animated voice feedback after responses for encouragement
• Brainy Bonus after every 5 correct questions offer a chance to take the challenge and earn a higher score
• Classrooms with multiple iPads can set up Brainy Skills timed contests, to encourage friendly competition while building these important skills
• Adjustable timer: 15, 30, 45, & 60 second settings
• Mixed skills levels
• No in app purchases as well as no distracting advertising allowing complete concentration for the user
Helps players improve reading comprehension skills while building confidence to score high!
Try Brainy Skills Inferencing Game
New in this update:
• Bug fixes and speed enhancements
• New app links in our educational line-up
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app to teach Inferencing skills, and what makes it even better is it doubles as great reading practice!
It is great!I love it!
- A Brainy Choice, Inc.
- 10.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 - 2015 A Brainy Choice, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.