By Groupon, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Breadcrumb POS is a free iPad Point of Sale app with low rates on credit card processing and free live support. Features for every business type include:
- Easy Account Creation, Simple Setup, Fast Customer Checkout
- Multiple Tax Rates, Custom Items, Discounting, Modifiers and Tabs
- Employee Roles and Reporting, Menu and Tip Customization
- Offline Transaction Processing
- Integrated Customer Relationship Management
- Real Time Sales, Product Mix, and Till Reports
- Seamless Groupon Voucher Redemption
- Email Receipts, Custom Printed Receipts, and Kitchen Tickets
- Supports One or More Printers, Optional Cash Drawer
- Just 1.8% + $0.15 per swipe for Visa, Mastercard, and Discover (Amex rates vary)
- $5000 in Free Processing with purchase of secure card reader (limited time)
- Free Live Support
Works for all types of businesses including salons, spas, retailers, services, cafes, delis, activities, and more.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- Customer relationship management (CRM) identifies your best customers and automatically tracks frequency and purchase behavior
- Employee reports provide insight into the performance of your staff
- Assign transactions to employees to determine commission and tip distribution
- Scan barcodes with the iPad camera to ring up customers quickly
- FREE Card Reader and $5000 in processing with all new signups
**Breadcrumb POS users on iOS 7 will need to enable the microphone to swipe credit cards. Simply access your Settings and go to Privacy > Microphone to switch it on.
Too many bugs...
When saving a tab with a cc it'll store the same cc# for any tabs you don't save with a cc. They said they'd work on that, but nothing has been done so far (6 months). Now, with the ios8 updates it barely ever recognizes the reader, so I have to manually enter EVERY STUPID CREDIT CARD. So annoying. I like that you can save multiple tabs at the same time, but that is seriously its only upside. Doesn't save email addresses so customers have to enter it every time they check out. The website and dashboard take FOREVER to load (so much so that I thought my internet connection was dying and I switched providers). I wanted to like this, but no. It's not worth the headaches. Let me know when all the bugs are worked out and I'll give it another shot, but for now I'm sticking to Square. Oh almost forgot: you have to force close a lot, and then you have to re-ring everything you entered in the last round. I know I've forgotten to ring things back in, so now I'm giving things away for free. No bueno.
Good app; bad system
I wanted to like Breadcrumb. The app is better developed than those of its competitors. Unfortunately, the service and pricing behind the app do not make economic sense for a small business. Breadcrumb's card processing fees are significantly higher than the competition. The real kicker is that they place a 30-day hold on non card present transactions. Phone orders are only as small portion of our business and don't really make a difference for our cash flow, but for many small businesses every dollar counts every day. We are fortunate enough to be a well-established, profitable business with a thirty year history of accepting credit cards. Breadcrumb doesn't care; they're still going to hold onto our money for a month even though they charge exorbitant processing fees. If your small business needs a mobile card processing system, Square, Sparkpay, and Gopayment offer better rates and give you access to all of your money right away.
Liars and thieves
The app itself works great. It's the credit card processing service that is awful. If the little credit card swiper doesn't read the card, you have to enter the number manually. That's a great feature except that when you do that, Breadcrumb decides to put a 30 day hold on that money! It's not written anywhere in their terms of service, so when you have an outage, like I did, and a majority of your monthly service customers pay by entering the number in, then you are basically up a creek. Like I am. I called to see about getting the hold released and was told that the department I'd need to talk to isn't available to talk to by phone. Ever. I sent them an email and was told I had to wait the 30 days. There is no way for me to get MY money. Breadcrumb and Groupon screw the little guys. Thanks for making business harder for a small business.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Groupon, Inc.
- © Groupon Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.