This is a resource app for you to share with your child to help teach skills such as problem solving, self-control, planning, and task persistence.
Laugh and learn as you help a Sesame Street monster friend calm down and solve everyday challenges. This bilingual (English and Spanish), research-based app helps your child learn Sesame’s “Breathe, Think, Do” strategy for problem-solving. Tap and touch to help the monster friend take deep breaths, think of plans, and try them out! Your child will enjoy silly animations and playful interactions as she is exposed to important emotional vocabulary, a calm breathing technique, personalized encouragements, and more!
• Explore five interactive activities with a unique, everyday challenge
• Tap, pop bubbles, and more to help the monster breathe, think, and do to solve problems and feel better
• Personalize encouraging phrases that your child will hear as they help the monster think of a plan
• ”Breathe with the Monster” activity to help children practice taking deep breaths to calm down
• Robust Parent Section with great resources for navigating everyday challenges with your young child
Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame is intended for parents and caregivers to use with their young children (ages 2-5).
This app is part of Sesame Street’s Little Children, Big Challenges initiative, which aims to provide tools to help children build skills for resilience, and overcome everyday challenges and more stressful situations and transitions. You can access other Sesame Street resilience materials online at sesamestreet.org/challenges
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization that revolutionized children’s media with the landmark Sesame Street. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice when it works and isn’t crashing
Having a problem with crashing on my iOS device. When it works it’s a nice tool for teaching my newly 3yr old, deep breathing, self awareness, problem solving, problems, and managing himself. I wish 1. It didn’t crash so dang much and 2. There were more examples of the monster getting upset and finding a solution, and 3. Less ask a gown up for help...example: monster building a bock tower that falls. His options are, wider base, two separate towers, ask an adult. The monster could as a friend .
Lots of fun and learning!
My almost 2 year old is having a lot of fun with this app. He caught on to the deep breathing and it has given us vocabulary for when he’s upset. I ask him to try his monster breathing. He is starting to get the concept and is really able to regulate much faster.
Will only freeze at the home screen
Bad app, lots of bugs, needs fixed, don’t get!!!!!
- Sesame Workshop Apps
- 471.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.