Discover Mindfulness, one breath at a time.
● Time: "Calm yourself with Breathing Zone."
● Harvard Health: "When you find yourself under stress, Breathing Zone can help."
● Bloomberg: "The breathing trick that can make you more productive."
● New York Magazine: "Sometimes the fastest way to combat anxiety or an oncoming panic attack is just to remember to breathe. I like Breathing Zone for its simplicity."
● Self Magazine: "Just inhale. Then exhale. Download the Breathing Zone app for guided exercises."
● Huffington Post: "An effective guide to mindful breathing."
● LifeHacker: "Breathing Zone Guides you towards slower breathing to help reduce stress."
● Fox News: "Breathing Zone simply trains you to slow down your breathing. In the process you calm down and relieve stress."
● MacWorld: "If you slow your breathing, it can relax you; but it’s not easy to do this on your own, but Breathing Zone can help."
● Gigaom: "Go beyond the basics and analyze your breathing patterns via your iPhone’s microphone with this app."
● PoductivityBytes: "This app’s signature feature is the ability to analyze how you normally breathe in order to suggest the best routine for you."
● University of Sydney: "Breathing Zone provides guidance on slow breathing."
● Nursing Standard: "Breathing Zone offers simple guided breathing exercises, that are a useful introduction to the health benefits of slower, therapeutic breathing."
● One Medical: "Therapeutic breathing benefits your brain and mood, and can actually help decrease your heart rate and lower high blood pressure. Breathing Zone offers detailed instructions and a Breathing Analyzer to measure your breathing rate."
● AppAdvice: "Relax your mind and body in as little as 5 minutes with these doctor recommended breathing exercises."
● HealthTap: "103 Doctors recommend this app."
● Layout enhancements for iPad and iPhone X.
● Celestial Choir guide sound is back by popular demand.
Ratings and Reviews
Formerly my fave app
I used to love this app! I used it every day for mindfulness. The app was very simple and well designed. My favorite feature was that it would automatically adjust the breathing rate down as you used it.
That is no longer this app, and I really really regret updating it. It seems now to be focused on gamification/metrics and no longer focused on mindfulness. These features that are designed to get the user more engaged with the app and spend more time in the app completely defeat the entire purpose of downloading it.
I recommended this app to many friends/family/colleagues/etc, and it is very unfortunate that the app has taken this step backward in functionality. Another example of this is the fact that the transitions between breathing rates now sound much rougher and unpleasant than before.
Really really baffled with this one. Will keep an eye on the comments to see if anyone has another app to recommend - a functional clone of the old Breathing Zone would be ideal!
I’m rating it 1 star because a previously extremely useful app has fallen victim to app trends that do nothing for the end user. I appreciate the beautiful new animations, but all the other additions (and the extremely baffling removal of good features) are pretty frustrating. I miss the simplicity of BZ.
Thank you for fixing after the update
The app makers fixed the issue I complained below. It's back to its awesome state, now with better graphics. Five stars!
(Until a few days ago, you could set the app with a starting breathing rate and an ending one. Because of that feature, you could start with your regular pace (5 breaths a minute) and the app would gradually take your breath down to, say 2 or 3 breaths a minute. Now, with the update, you can only choose one rate.)
I want the old Breathing Zone back
This was my favorite breathing app. The latest release, while the visualization is beautiful, lacks the sensitivity of the former app.
As an example, I prefer to breathe at a pace of 3.2 breaths per minute. The old BZ app allowed me to set my rate at that number. The new app offers breathing increments of .5 and no further granularity. Neither 3.0 nor 3.5 work for me personally.
The old BZ had a sound setting like an ocean - the water rolling into shore and rolling out. The new BZ has a flowing water sound choice, but it’s not the same sound. The exhale is several stitched together sounds. It’s choppy. It’s not the same, and the inferior sound effect of flowing water therefore comes across as anything but flowing.
I tried so many breathing apps and purchased quite a few duds. I’d gladly pay to get my old Breathing Zone app back. This upgrade is anything but an upgrade. As another reviewer wrote, I’ll be watching other reviews for others to share their recommended apps. I cannot use this version of the app, and I’m truly disappointed.
- Breathing Zone Limited
- 64.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Breathing Zone
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.