Brevity - The Ultrafast Text Editor
By UnderWare LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
How can you write "magnificent" with 3 letters? Brevity.
Brevity helps you write text several times faster. It works on the principle that most words can by uniquely identified using less letters than they actually contain and it let's you write them that way. Just start typing a word using the first letter or first consonant and continue writing any letter in the word in the proper order. Brevity will automatically list all the possible matches, which you can then select (e.g. you can write "misunderstanding" by just typing the following sequences: "msndr", "miudr", etc). If a word is not already present in a dictionary, simply write it out and Brevity will remember it the next time you type it. It also remembers the frequency of words you use and sorts all matches accordingly, letting you write most words using 1, 2 or 3 letters. Not only is Brevity great for native speakers of the supported languages (see the list below), but also for non-native speakers as you don't need to know the exact spelling in order to write the word. It also saves time with languages that use diacritics as you will be able to skip them in most cases.
- Word Completion - Write entire words with just a few letters.
- 11 Supported Dictionaries - Built-in word lists containing thousands of words for the following languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Czech, Swedish and Danish
- Auto-expansion - Any words not contained in the word lists (e.g. slang) are automatically added as you type and any capitalization is remembered
- Dynamic Sorting - Brevity remembers how often you use words and offers the most frequently chosen options to you first
- E-mail Support - Send e-mails from directly within the application
- Text Message Support - Send text messages from directly within the application
- Text Copy - Easily copy your written text to any other application using the clipboard
- Undo button to cancel word adding during composition
- Possibility to save messages
- Settings with the following features:
-- Remove misspelled or unwanted words
-- Set prediction font size and window transparency
-- Switch automatic spaces on/off
-- Set whether the most common words are listed from the top or bottom of the prediction window
What's New in Version 1.2
- Danish dictionary added
- New setting option for listing the most common words from either the top or bottom of the prediction list
- Added Danish, Russian and Spanish localization
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: UnderWare LLC
- © 2011 UnderWare LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.