Brewer’s Friend – Homebrew Recipe Builder & Calculators
By Brewer's Friend
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brewing with total confidence. The details make the difference between an average batch of home brew and a truly excellent brew that is repeatable. This app is a beer recipe calculator, brew session tracker, and brew log - all on your iPhone. This application is capable of syncing with the Brewer's Friend cloud solution (the application works by itself stand alone, but the sync requires a premium account at the site).
This application is ad free.
Main feature list for version 1.0:
* Complete recipe designer with pre-populated list of grains, hops, and yeast. Ability to add your own custom grains.
* Fully supports metric units!
* Work in Specific Gravity or Plato.
* OG/FG/IBU/SRM, yeast attenuation automatically calculated.
* Supports All Grain, Extract, Partial Mash, BIAB.
* Tells if recipe matches style.
* Pick the equations and units you prefer.
* No Chill – Extended Hop Boil Time Supported.
* Target 'to the fermentor' or 'to the kettle' batch sizes.
* Journal for tracking events like gravity readings, volume collected, dates, and tasting notes.
* Tracks what phase the brew is in.
- Adds a brew timer feature.
- Recipe sync with the Brewer's Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
- Brew session sync with the Brewer's Friend cloud is supported (requires premium account).
- User interface updates, sorting of recipes and brew sessions, performance improvements.
- Adds support for: hop stands (whirlpool and hopback hop uses), recipe CO2 level field, milliliters as unit in other ingredients section. Improves recipe listing view (shows snapshot indicator, index added).
- Adds stand alone calculators.
- 70 + yeasts added. Brands include: East Coast Yeast, Mangrove Jack, Real Brewers, Siebel Institute, and Brewferm. Make sure to upgrade now if you plan to use these and sync with the cloud. (Sync requires premium account.)
- Adds stand alone calculators: Brix/Plato to SG Calculator and Dilution / Boiloff Calculator.
- Support for batch target 'kettle' mode added for Extract and Partial Mash recipes.
- Cloud sync improvements.
What's New in Version 1.9.6
Thanks for using Brewer's Friend! To improve the app (and our beer) we routinely release small bug fixes and improvements.
In this version:
- Updated ingredient data for fermentables, hops, and yeast from the Brewer's Friend database
- Fixed bugs with date fields in Brew Log entries
So close and yet so far.
I love the Brewer's Friend website, and use it for all my recipe creation, inventory management, and brew sessions.
Unfortunately the app falls far short of the standard set by the website. The absence of inventory & shopping functions is especially galling since the store is one of the places you're most likely to have your phone rather than laptop. The inability to sort brew sessions (or hide completed ones) is a pain, as is the inclusion of every single snapshot in the recipe list (especially since they're not differentiated in any way).
With a few tweaks, this could be a real help; as it is it's only marginally useful.
Fantastic and Robust
A really great app that helps you to create your own great beer recipes and helps out on brew day keeping everything straight. Very intuitive design and easy to use. Only thing I wish it did was give you the options to print your recipe or post it online to a social media outlet. You can link to their website but their website is a paid user subscription based page.
I've been brewing for a few years started with extract....bottles now with all grain and kegs this app will teach u how to brew better beer if u are like me I love and only brew session IPA and the hopping category is geared for hoppy Brewers
I always formulate recipes with this app since its on my phone and not the pc
It's real time data in my fingertips on brew day
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: May 27, 2016
- Version: 1.9.6
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BREWER'S FRIEND LLC
- © 2016 Brewer's Friend LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.