Tired of taking your computer into the brewery?
BrewMath turns your iPod Touch or iPhone into a powerful pocket calculator for brewers.
Designed by the developer of BeerAlchemy Touch, BrewMath includes over a dozen commonly used brewing calculations including:-
- Unit Conversion (Weights, Volumes, Temperature and Gravity)
- Mash Calculations (Strike temperature, Infusion and Decoction volumes, Batch sparging)
- Beer Color Swatch
- Bitterness (using Tinseth, Daniels, Rager and Garetz formulas)
- Carbonation (Primed and Forced)
- SG Correction for Hydrometers
- Refractometer Calculations (Brix to Gravity, OG from current Brix and SG, Current SG from current Brix and OG)
- Yeast Pitching Rate
- Nutrition (ABV, ABW, Calories per serving, Standard Drinks per serving)
BrewMath supports Metric and both US and UK Imperial measurements.
- Improved support for newer devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Very helpful, but build out the hop tool!
This is a great piece of software for doing your basic brewing calculations. The one thing that is tough though is adding up a bunch of different hop additions to get total IBUs. It's rare to have one hop addition with only one kind of hops. Why not just be able to add a hop addition to a list and then add them up? Kent Place, look at Spend Lite and see how it manages budgets...could you do the same thing to add up the IBU's?
Want to really help me on brew day? (an iPhone app is perfect there because you don't want a computer out near your sticky wort) Then, create a useful timer for me. It'd be great to be able to program my hop additions in advance, then start a timer that counts down and reminds me when to make my next addition including how much and what varieties to add.
Keep up the great work. Beer Alchemy is nice too.
I'm always checking last minute numbers while brewing and this app makes it far faster and easier. I used it several times this weekend calculating line pressure to maintain carbonation on a keg I brought to our Thanksgiving get-together. Two thumbs up!
I do wish some of the formulas were made available so I'd know what assumptions are being made with the calculation. Another useful feature would be a calculator for correcting wort specific gravity near the end of a boil (i.e. adding specific amounts of DME or water to the wort to increase or decrease specific gravity to the desired O.G.)
Good Brewing Calculator
I use this calculator when I have to, but I keep finding myself running to the computer if I can. I wish this software would remember the last calculation entered. It's a annoying to have to re-enter the numbers every time I open the app. A simple "clear" button would be nice, but just don't make me re-enter everything just to change one calculation.
Other than that, it's a great one stop shop brewing calculator for quick adjustments on brew day. It's nice to have around.
- Kent Place Software Limited
- 1.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Kent Place Software LImited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.