Bria iPhone Edition - VoIP Softphone SIP Client
By CounterPath Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bria iPhone Edition is an award-winning SIP-based softphone for the iPhone and iPod touch – brought to you by CounterPath Corporation, the market leader of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• HD audio codecs including G.722, OPUS and SILK
• Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• Supported accessories include headsets and headphones, as well as Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Multiple account support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List and Contact Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
• Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722(HD), GSM, OPUS and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS and SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups and call quality statistics
PREMIUM FEATURES – OPTIONAL IN-APP PURCHASE
• Messaging and Presence – with XMPP and SIP SIMPLE support
• Video Calls – using H.264 and VP8 video codecs. Video in 720p HD when using VP8 on iPhone 5 or later
• G.729 Audio Codec
• AMR-Wideband Audio Codec
For more information on Bria iPhone Edition’s features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/bria-iphone-edition.html
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
What's New in Version 3.6.5
New in 3.6.5
Bluetooth mute fix
Works great on 4G; ok on WiFi
Works great on 4G; ok to good on WiFi. Poor to average on 3G. App is easy to use and a must have for businesses. Have used in foreign countries without problem.
My biggest suggestion would be an override for disallowing cell phone calls to come in. What happens is if you're using the app and you get a new phone call, it will put the call you're talking immediately on hold.
The app works pretty well. Sometimes when I reconnect to wifi or cell service, the app doesn't register fast enough. All I have to do is kill the app and reopen it. Sound quality is great. I use it in South Africa with our server in the US and rarely have issues.
Battery drain is huge though. My iPhone says it is the most battery sucking app I have. I really wish they could fix that, since battery life is always a concern.
Excellent SIP Client
Have had no issues on both 4G and Wi-Fi, even through a VPN on both. Battery gets killed on my iPhone 6S Plus but that's due to me keeping the VPN tunnel up.
Have it terminate into a Cisco UC520 so it's totally free calls from anywhere in the world. A must have app for frequent travelers.
Would like to see better "registration" logic as it requires manual registration most of the time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 05, 2016
- Version: 3.6.5
- Size: 57.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CounterPath Corporation
- © 2010-2016 CounterPath Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- G729 Audio Codec$8.99
- Presence and Messaging$2.99
- Video Calls$2.99
- AMR-WB Audio Codec$8.99