Bria Mobile - Your VoIP SIP Softphone for Everyday Business Communication:
Stay connected wherever you go. Start or join meetings with high definition, face-to-face video, high quality audio, and instant messaging - now with Bria Push Service for enhanced battery life.
For Prior Bria VoIP Softphone Client Customers:
Bria Mobile is new and replaces the former Bria iPhone Edition and Bria iPad Edition clients. If you had previously purchased the old clients and want to reinstall them, you can find the instructions to do so here: https://support.counterpath.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004179074-Install-Bria-for-iPad-iPhone-From-History
Try it for 14 days free! Subscription not charged if cancelled within trial period. Please note, in-app subscription purchases are not supported through Family Sharing. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
1-Year Subscription: $9.99, 1 month $0.99 USD, automatically renewed until canceled
Additional Subscription Information:
• Subscriptions will be automatically renewed within 24-hours prior to following subscription period. Please check user's Account Setting to disable auto-renewal.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
• Pre-defined VoIP provider list available when adding new accounts
• Multitasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications and Push Support
• Audio codecs including G.722, Opus & SILK + G.711a/u, G.729
• Video in 720p HD on iPhone 5 or later
• Supported accessories include headphones, AirPods & other Bluetooth™ devices
• Available in the following languages: English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, German & Spanish.
• IPv4/IPv6 support
STANDARD PHONE FEATURES
• Messaging & Presence – XMPP & SIP SIMPLE support
• Support for up to 25 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Contact List & Favorites leveraging the device’s native contact directory
• Call display & voicemail indicator
• Speaker, mute & hold functions
• Call history of received, missed & dialed calls
• Call recording
• Ringtones & contact avatars
• Dial plan support
• Multiple call support – swap between 2 active calls, merge/split calls, transfer calls
• Support for DTMF to enter numbers to use an auto attendant
• VPN support
• Advanced settings that enable users to control network traversal and media options
• Security and encryption via TLS & SRTP
• DNS SRV record lookups & call quality statistics
For more information on Bria Mobile’s features, please visit: http://www.counterpath.com/ios-sip-softphone/
IMPORTANT VOIP OVER MOBILE/CELLULAR DATA NOTICE
Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP functionality over their network and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. You agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Mobile/Cellular Data.
CounterPath's Bria mobile products provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the Native Cellular Dialer when possible on a best reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time. As a result, the official position of CounterPath is that CounterPath’s Bria product is not intended, designed, or fit for placing, carrying or supporting Emergency Calls. CounterPath will not be liable for any costs or damages arising either directly or indirectly from the use of the software for Emergency Calls.
Bria Mobile 5.4.3
Bria Push Service improvements
Additional stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Bought a different version of this app for about $5 about a year ago, and was quite happy with it, primarily because of the CallKit integration. I recently realized that the app was discontinued without notice and left in a buggy state without automatic updates. For example, numbers will dial in reverse order (seriously) which shows the quality of these guys’ testing. And no I’m not interested in going through some strange side-channel upgrade process suggested by the developer to fix an app that I paid for.
Now there’s at least three (brand new!) versions of the app with no clear differentiation and this one wants a subscription. For what service exactly? Support for your broken app? Buyer beware: seems these guys don’t care about their customers once they get your $$$. This is a shame because I was quite happy with the original app before the developers made this insane move.
Now I’ve jumped ship and switched to Acrobits, where the pricing still makes sense and the developer actually seems to care about their customers.
Hello Campkeith, Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with the Bria iPhone Edition. If you are using the version 3.9.5, please uninstall the app and install the latest version of the old app(3.9.7) to resolve the issues. For instructions to reinstall the old app, please visit: https://support.counterpath.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-reinstall-my-purchased-client . Please also send an email to email@example.com and we'll provide you with a promo code for the Bria Mobile subscription. For some background on why we have switched to a subscription model, please visit https://blog.counterpath.com/2675/announcing-the-release-of-the-new-bria-mobile. Best Regards, CounterPath
Bought full version of this client earlier this year and now reinstalling on new phone it is a monthly subscription for the client now? I paid for a full version with a one off fee and want my product.
Restore purchases didn’t work. iCloud restored my previous app apparently lol. So I guess I’m still stuck without updates. Yay!
So I never reached out to support for a license as it’s only $10/year and I can appreciate that sort of thing being a developer myself. My issue now is that it works no differently for me than the old Bria client. It still does not ring through when screen is locked. It actually goes straight to voicemail, it loses registration with the server apparently during this time.
Hello Front Range Geeks LLC, Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with Bria. The old app is still available to you, please follow the directions here to reinstall it: https://support.counterpath.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-reinstall-my-purchased-client . If you were not receiving calls with the Bria iPhone Edition in the background, please change Settings> Preferences> Background Support to Enhanced. Regarding the registrations failing when backgrounded in the new Bria Mobile Client, we've solved that via the new Bria Push Service. Using the Bria Push Service with Bria Mobile is easy - most users will only need to enable the "Use Push Notification" setting in their Account > "Account Specific Features" section. We have an FAQ here: https://support.counterpath.com/knowledge-base/article/bria-mobile-push-checklist . And more detailed instructions on how to enable can be found on page 13 of the User Guide: http://www.counterpath.com/assets/product_documents/Bria_Mobile_iOS_User_Guide_v5.1_R1.pdf . Best Regards, CounterPath
Not fair for us who paid for a one-time full price app
The least you can do is to unlock the feature of this app for those of us who paid the full price. I understand I can download the old app, but some of the bugs didn't get fixed and now it cannot be updated to restore full functionality, while this new app is this one that will be getting all the support and updates. Do like many developers do when the switch to a subscription model. You can have your app detect the purchase of the previous app and then have it unlock the features for us. This new app is the only way those bugs can be dealt with going forward.
- CounterPath Corporation
- 135.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 CounterPath Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly plan $0.99
- Yearly plan $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.