By Great Game Products, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Rated "A" by the American Contract Bridge League
Internet READY!!! Play Online with your partner against the computer or players from around the Globe.
iPad READY!!! Play some serious bridge with your iPhone / iPod and iPad.
iBridgeBaron is based on the best-selling computer bridge game Bridge Baron, and is using its bidding and play engine, which has won Five World Computer Bridge Championships.
Save game on exit; load last game or start a new one
Over 2 billion deals
Tournaments from ACBL, Cavendish and ABF
Save game on exit; load last game or start a new one
Play deals with all cards face up
Vocal Bidding hints with explanation when playing by yourself or Playing with others
Vocal Play hints at any time
Choose static or rotating dealer
Choose who gets the best hand
Choose what kind of deal you want to play: Slam , Game , No Trump or Part Score Deal
iBB 4 new features:
- Online tables stays when the host goes
- Uses the latest Bridge Baron engine
- Force a call or play
- Create your own deals and save them
- Block particular players from joining your table
- Vocal hints
- Extra French, German and Spanish card sets
- Improved buddy management
- Includes Bridge Baron Teacher (Lessons via In-App purchases iPAD ONLY)
- Access to all 70+ tournaments with $15/year subscription.
- Improved online play stability over bad networks
Included bidding systems:
- Standard American 5-card Majors
- Standard American Yellow Card
- La Majeure Cinquieme
- Forum D
Each system has Basic, Intermediate and Advanced options, controlling the number of bidding conventions played. Each flavor can be further customized to match your knowledge and skill, you can choose from ~100 bidding conventions.
Adjust your signaling arrangements. Bridge Baron have 3 generic signaling arrangements, each can be customized and used for North/ South or East / West partnerships.
To customize a convention card or signaling arrangement, just click the INFO 'i' button next to it's name.
The 'i' button is very good friend, it explains screens, conventions and signals.
The computer also plays and hints at three levels : Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced
Bidding interpretation, take back and claiming at any time.
Full review of how you and Bridge Baron played hands in Duplicate mode.
You can play with your friends and foes, even if they are on the other side of planet Earth.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
- Tournaments are Back!, Purchase Tournaments only $14.99/Year. If you have the tournaments purchased just click Subscribe again and restore your purchases!
UNRELIABLE PROGRAM & PARTNER
Bridge Baron is better than having no Bridge at all, I suppose. You can use it to practice counting and making better guesses at which opponent has the critical card, but bidding is muddy because partner is not exactly paying attention to your buds. Too often your weak hand pre-emptive bids are raised to game when Partner also has a very weak hand and the doubled contract is most certainly NOT a favorable sacrifice. Partner also pays no attention to your bidding when choosing his opening lead. There are more examples of what's wrong with Bridge Baron, but the worst came after this last "upgrade." Now the games won't load until you first open and close the program a few times or go into settings, make a change, then reload.
All good except loading
I use bridge baron on an iphone. Since the recent update (summer of 2017) bridge baron does not open regularly. I tap "open game" and - sometimes - the screen shifts back to my iphone home screen, showing all the apps ,including bridge baron. I tap the bridge baron icon, the menu pips up, i tap "open game," and the same thing happens again. Ordinarily that cycle repeats 4 or 5 times before the game actually opens. It is kind of annoying, especially since the game always does open - eventually. It is just a question of persistence. Once it opens, the app is absolutely great.
This game is not worth buying or playing. First, you must go into settings and make north south get the best hands; second, to build your shills you must change the game settings by clicking on score, skipping skipping the hand and choosing slams. This will give you most of the good hands so you're not playing defense with unplayable hands. Even with this, you will find north is the most novice newcomer to bridge you will ever play with. Super bad player.
I wonder what game North is playing. It can't be bridge. The Windows version of this game used to be terrific, the Appl version is a major disappointment. Find someone who plays bridge to program and fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 04, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 48.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Great Game Products, Inc.
- © 1998-2017 Great Game Products, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 365 days of unlimited tournaments access$14.99
- Play and Learn with Pat Harrington Lessons 1-6$34.99
- Play and Learn with Pat Harrington Lessons 7-13$34.99
- Bridge Lesson - Jacoby Transfers$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Stayman$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Limit Major Raises$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Michaels Cue-Bid$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Takeout Doubles$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Forcing NT$5.99
- Bridge Lesson - Holding split AK109$5.99