Bridges (Hashi) Lite
By Octarine Flame
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hottest New Puzzle game on the App Store, ranked top 100 in over 50 countries! Get it now!
An addictive puzzle game known around the world as Hashi, Chopsticks, Hashiwokakero, and Ai-Ki-Ai.
The rules are simple:
- Up to two bridges between islands.
- Only horizontal or vertical bridges allowed.
- Bridges may not cross.
- Connect all the islands together with the number of bridges shown.
So easy to pick up, you'll master the rules in seconds. With 30,000 unique puzzles, you'll never put it down. Play the puzzle many have called a Sudoku killer!
- Intuitive touch based controls.
- 30,000 puzzles with 3 board sizes 7x7, 9x9, 11x11.
- Unique solution to each puzzle.
- Get Achievements for completing puzzles. Tweet your achievements and compete with friends!
- Autosave lets you resume games right where you left off.
Upgrade to the full version and get:
- Priority Updates!
- No ads!
- No interruptions!
Or do it because you want us to keep making great iPhone and iPod Touch apps!
- Special Thanks to Matt Gemmell for his MGTwitterEngine library. http://mattgemmell.com
Suggestions or Problems? We welcome your feedback. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like Bridges, check out our other apps!
- Mood Pad http://tinyurl.com/moodpad
What's New in Version 1.1
- Tell A Friend about Bridges from the Options screen
- Minor performance improvements.
- Fixed a minor crash.
I too had problems at first connecting islands until I rememberred that the instructions said you could only connect islands that are horizontally or vertically aligned with you. You can't make diagonal bridges to other islands. The UI needs to allow you to make a bridge like that and then put up an error panel the first couple of times so that people figure it out.
Other than that, it is a fun and challenging puzzle.
Need to Update
Looks like this game hasn't had an update in five years. Works perfectly fine on my iPhone 4S, but freezes after I complete a level on my iPhone 6. Have to completely shut down the app and restart it to get it to work again. :(
The average time it takes to solve one of these is around a minute. The maker should make diagonal bridges and should allow for more than two bridges to span the islands. Along with a bigger board, that would make it ten times a fun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 19, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Octarine Flame
- © 2009 Octarine Flame
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.