By Matthias Gansrigler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured on the Mac App Store as a "Best New App"
Your Moments. Your Photos. Your Story.
Tell your story in a fun, novel way with Glimpses and turn your photos into stunning Still Motion videos.
In Still Motion videos, photos are typically shown for not much longer than the fraction of a second.
Glimpses lets you create these videos in a matter of seconds.
- Import your photos from your Photos library, hard drive, Flickr or Instagram.
- Arrange your photos manually, by date or color for a nice gradient effect.
- Make your video sing by importing a soundtrack.
- Select the parts of the soundtrack you like.
- Glimpses then turns your photos into a high-quality video with a resolution of up to 4K.
+ Face Detection
Glimpses analyses your photos for faces and then places the photos accordingly in your video as to not lose any important details.
+ Soundtrack Selection
You can add as many songs to your video and reorder them as you like. Glimpses features an easy-to-use sound wave that lets you select the part of a song you like.
If your soundtrack is too long, Glimpses fades out your soundtrack automatically at the end
Let Glimpses choose the duration for your photos based on the duration of your soundtrack.
+ Automatic Resolution
Glimpses can automatically detect the perfect resolution for your video based on the smallest photo.
Of course, you can also choose to select a resolution yourself - from 240p to 4K.
Here's what customers say about Glimpses:
"It's fun and simple to use." - KrisMuse, US App Store
"Fast and minimalistic" - bananelamponi, Italian App Store
"Impressive. A whole world of possibilities." - Yet Another Unique Nickname, UK App Store
Here's what the press says about Glimpses:
"A competent movie app for creating still motion videos." - Christopher Phin, MacFormat Print Magazine
"I really love this little app. It doesn't try to do too much" - James Dempsey, TheGraphicMac.com
"Glimpses does what it says on the tin. The audio editing tool is pretty nice" - Dave Caolo, AppleWorld.today
For a demo version and further information, please visit Glimpses' website.
Glimpses was formerly known as Briefly.
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter @GlimpsesApp or @eternalstorms.
What's New in Version 2.0
Glimpses (formerly known as Briefly) requires OS X Yosemite 10.10.
- Face Detection: Glimpses analyses your photos for faces and places the photos in your video accordingly for much nicer results.
- Soundtrack Selection: The new soundtrack selection lets you add multiple soundtracks and select only the parts you need.
- 4K Resolution: Going beyond 1080p, 2K and 4K resolutions have been added.
- Projects: You can now save your projects.
- A revamped and cleaned-up UI that fits in perfectly with OS X Yosemite.
- The smallest photos can now be shown, as well as all landscape or portrait photos.
- Auto-Timing: Let Glimpses choose the duration for your photos based on the duration of your soundtrack.
- You can choose a duration from 0.1 to 4.0 seconds in 0.1 second-steps.
- Improved support for panorama photos if reduction of pillar- or letter boxes is enabled.
Thank you for using Glimpses and the great feedback you've been giving me.
If you have a minute, please consider leaving a little review on the Mac App Store - it would mean a lot to me.
I'd like to invite you to my blog at http://blog.eternalstorms.at or to follow me on twitter (@GlimpsesApp or @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
Thank you kindly,
It’s fun and the developer is responsive
I was able, quickly, to create several movies as gifts for people.
It’s simple to use: drag images from Finder or import from Flickr or Instagram; pick a sound track from Finder; pick the duration between images and click create. You can also sort the images so they appear in a different order.
I found a simple bug and the developer contacted me within the same day.
I have no complaints and my friends are happy with the movies I made for them.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Jun 07, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2015, Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor