Brigade - Take Back Your Democracy
FORM YOUR OPINION ON THE ISSUES
• Take sides on important issues, from taxes to climate change, and see how your friends compare
• Get recommendations for advocacy campaigns that align with your values
• Get updates from campaign leaders to stay on top of what Congress is and isn't doing
ADVOCATE FOR YOUR VALUES
• Sign petitions telling your reps exactly where you stand and how you want them to vote
• Deliver your petitions directly to your reps via our Twitter integration
• Share actions and campaign updates with your network to spread the word
HOLD YOUR REPRESENTATIVES ACCOUNTABLE
• Join grassroots campaigns working on numerous issues at a federal and state level
• See grades for each of your reps, telling you if they did what you asked
• Track all of your advocacy to all of your reps in one simple report card view
ORGANIZE WITH LIKE-MINDED FRIENDS AND ALLIES
• Recruit targeted friends to take action using our friend inviter tool
• Form a brigade with your friends to talk about issues and support campaigns
• Within your brigade, set goals and track progress for campaigns you support
Ratings and Reviews
Great app...a bit vague
First off I would like to say that I absolutely love the idea behind this app. But I did find that some of the questions about my preference on policy are a bit vague. I would suggest that specific terms be fully explained in detail before I’m presented with a polarizing “Agree or Disagree” answer option. Without the appropriate language and articulation of these questions this app could potentially be used to manipulate voter opinion and create even greater divide between voters. I believe it’s very important to agree on our understanding of words and their meaning FIRST before giving opinions. Otherwise words may turn into Orwellian doublespeak. Please fix this!
Brigade is the best app I’ve used for reaching out directly to my representatives and expressing my opinions. The new Brigades, or groups feature, lets me put together a small group of likeminded friends who care about the same issues. Adding friends and sharing petitions makes me feel like I’m speaking with a megaphone and cutting through the noise, not just tweeting into a black hole.
More information should be provided
There is a section of your profile that asks you to select stances on major issues. This leads to a quiz where you select disagree or agree with specific political stances.
***This app should provide information on what it means to be in agreement or disagreement with each stance. I’m relatively informed about political issues, but I need a refresher on some of these and there are a few I’ve never heard of before.
***This app should work towards ensuring their users are informed not just active.****
This isn’t hard to do, but it does require research so that the app can provide a succinct explanation of why each side believes what they believe and what their criticism is of the differing opinion.
- Brigade Group, Inc.
- 251.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Brigade Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.