Brightwheel is the #1 software solution for schools, childcare, camps, and after school programs.
Brightwheel lets you manage your center, streamline workflows, and engage with parents.
Brightwheel is the only app that integrates everything you need: sign in/out, messaging, assessments, daily reports, photos, videos, calendars, online bill pay for parents, and much more.
Most importantly, brightwheel is proven to save you time and money, to make life easier for your staff, and to improve satisfaction for your parents.
Join the thousands of programs across the globe that have fallen in love with brightwheel!
SCHOOLS / CHILDCARE / CAMPS: Manage your students and classrooms, track attendance and room ratios, share photos and videos, assess learning milestones, communicate with parents, send paperless invoices and payments, and manage staff. Brightwheel is your all in one preschool and daycare management app!
PARENTS: Engage in your child’s day with a real-time feed of photos, videos, reminders, and updates, use brightwheel’s digital check-in to securely sign in and out, pay tuition online, and even invite grandparents, nannies, and friends to join in the fun!
• Central Database: Store everything related to kids and families in one secure place.
• Student Check-In: Multiple digital check-in options available including digital signatures, 4 digit check-in codes, and a kiosk mode - all aligned with child care licensing requirements.
• Staff Check-In & Ratios: Make administrative tasks easier by managing staff check-in to see your ratios across all your rooms in real time.
• Attendance: Easily log attendance and absences for your school-age students, infants, and toddlers. Use our attendance tracking system to keep track of your toddlers.
• Photo and video sharing: Snap photos, record videos and tag students with one click. Automatically saved to your account and shared with parents (with no extra work!).
• Daily Reports: Log naps, meals, bathroom, and other activities. Parents get a feed and daily summary. Daily sheet reports are a breeze with brightwheel.
• Assessment & Observations: Make note of progress, achievements, and activities with pre-loaded state standards and a DRDP tool. Share with parents or privately amongst teachers.
• Student Feed: Parents get a personalized feed throughout the day. Save time – no more paper tracking sheets or sending individual photos.
• Parent Communication: Manage parent communication from one central hub (notices, calls, texts, etc.).
• Calendar: Share events, holidays, and important dates with both families and staff.
• Paperless Billing: Seamless electronic billing and payments for tuition and fees. Use brightwheel for all your child care accounting needs.
• Reporting: Detailed reports of every brightwheel feature for billing and licensing requirements.
• Seamless Sync: Brightwheel stays up to date across all phones and tablets – so teachers can use their own device or a school device.
• Web Portal: Easy management and great functionality available on the web, too.
• Affordable. Both free and premium plans available to fit your needs.
And... much more coming! Brightwheel is the early education platform that is committed to innovation with frequent improvements and new features.
Teachers, we're always looking for ways to save you time & clicks! With this update, you can add observations directly from a lesson. Milestones attached to that lesson will be automatically pre-populated in the observation. We're also providing a way to directly search & find lessons assigned to your room.
Ratings and Reviews
Brightwheel is a lifesaver! We have been using this app for our summer camp and I have to to say that it has truly been a gift from above. This app has not only enhanced our communication with parents but allowed them to be interactive and provides full transparency into their child’s day to day. Brightwheel is definitely a must have and favorite of all of our staff members as it has helped them with becoming super organized with their breakdown of the various groups, activities, child info, etc.
All in all, we couldn’t be happier with our decision to integrate this amazing app to ensure a successful summer! A huge thank you goes to Jamie for your awesome customer service; you truly went above and beyond — thank you.
Big Privacy Issues
I logged in recently and was shocked to find someone else’s child’s info on my home screen. I was able to access all their care info, see the medications they were taking, all their photos, potentially change personal details; I could have even sent messages as if I was the parent. (Though, of course I did not.) All this blew my mind and gave me pause.
As a technologist, I have a few ideas how it might have happened. What I can tell you for certain, there’s no one at BrightWheel all that concerned with the privacy a security of your family’s most intimate information. In fact, we notified BrightWheel immediately after finding this “bug”, and they brushed off our concerns and gave us some possible ways to delete the aberrant user from our profile. In other words, it’s up to us to address their security issue. They appear to have no policies and procedures to deal with what I (as developer) would consider a red alert, all-hands-on-deck emergency.
The worst part is that we have no idea now who’s seeing all of OUR child’s info or where else it may be ending up.
All this is unfortunate, we otherwise like and enjoy this app quit a bit. But, if you’re at all concerned about the security and privacy of your child’s information, your most intimate information, it’s simply too risky to use this app.
We take privacy and security very seriously, and appreciate you raising this issue. We can assure you this is not a security issue. You as a parent can always manage access to your child’s information on his/her profile. In your case, another user mistakenly invited you. We agree our response should have been better. We have escalated this issue and hope to reconnect with you.
USED to LOVE brightwheel......
We used to LOVE brightwheel. We have been using it for almost 2 years now. It was free, and they priced themselves on ALWAYS being free, but that changed when they asked us to try the premium version, which had lots of cool new features, such as videos, or assessment tools! All awesome features, but the owner would not pay for prices they were asking for so we couldn’t use brightwheel premium anymore...
When we went back to the free version.. so many of our beloved free features such as parent messaging, incident reports, name to face, etc. are no longer available for free users. :(
We have worked so hard to get our parents on board, and they all LOVE brightwheel so much and how much we are able to communicate through it. Makes us sad we will no longer be able to use brightwheel anymore. It also brings a lot of confusion that we will have to explain to our parents. 😔
Hi Amber: We are very sorry to hear this. As an early adopter of our platform, you enjoyed many of our premium features at no cost while they were in development. The truth is, since our launch we have always communicated that we would be offering a premium (paid) version, and we have kept our pricing page up to date with the features that would be included. Rather than charge upfront, we allowed access to these features as we built and improved them. We apologize if there was any confusion. It's important to us that this is clear: as we promised when we launched, we will always offer a free version of brightwheel. We are the only early education company that does this, and we do it at a significant cost to us. We are happy to further discuss your pricing for premium if you'd like to get back in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.