British Museum Audio Guide & Map
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The British Museum is one of the world's great museums, and a must see for any visitor to London. The collection contains over six million items from all over the globe and from every civilisation through the ages.
The museum is spread out over six levels and can be quite overwhelming, especially for a first time visitor who does not know what to see or where to go. The aim of this app is to guide you through your visit and to help you get the most out of your time at the museum.
Within this app you will find:
- a detailed map of all the floors of the museum to help you navigate your way around. You can can zoom in and out and pan around the map, giving more functionality than a paper map can provide.
- a list of our 'Top 10' items in the museum along with an audio guide that tells you all about each one, where it came from and how it reached the museum. Each item is also clearly marked on the map to help you discover them.
- details of the opening times of the museum.
- details of current and future special exhibitions.
- advice on how to get to the museum on public transport.
All of the content is loaded onto your phone when you purchase the app so there is no need to be online or to incur expensive roaming charges.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 46.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WalkAppBout Ltd
- © 2012 WalkAppBout Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.