By Choice of Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Fight your way to box office glory, while fending off the gangs of New York! Manage a theatre in a game of high-stakes business, dangerous romance, and risky alliances set in the rough-and-tumble world of 19th century New York. You'll brave riots, fires, and political spies as you take on a city of jealous rivals, brilliant artists, and stalwart politicians.
"Broadway: 1849" is a 150,000-word interactive historical adventure novel by Robert Davis. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Will you succeed by your smart business sense or enlist the city’s gangs to push your competition out of business? Can you manage the diva personalities of your actors? What about a ghost haunting your theatre's stage?
Are you a flashy producer playing to please the crowd with circus acts? Do you try to earn the respect of the city's leaders with fine art? Can you wrangle the press into writing the best reviews?
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual.
• Compete with rivals to stage the biggest shows and gain the largest audience!
• Choose a cast from the city's brightest talent.
• Investigate the hidden secrets of your theatre.
• Rush to defuse a deadly bomb, or let it explode and plunge the city into chaos.
• Nurture young talent or feed your own ambition for the spotlight.
• Rub shoulders with the city's most notorious criminals, or bring their misdeeds to light.
• Help a deserving friend escape the clutches of an unscrupulous businessman.
• Join forces with a criminal gang or side with the mayor’s push for order.
When forced to choose you'll decide whether to fight for peace or let the city burn.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
A few small fixes to the credits screen.
Fun, Immersive, Fast-paced Game
This is an exciting game with delightful characters and tons of historical detail.
It’s much more than a management sim; you’re also tasked with finding your way in 19th C. New York society and culture. You make alliances or enemies with actual people from the time (and a few memorable characters from literature). It’s not only your ability to mount a successful play but also your skill in making the right friends that can avert disaster and lead to box office triumph.
The game is fast-paced, immersive, and it has good replay value. The writing is vivid, light-hearted, and very readable. Highly recommended!
Good not great, some glitches.
Would have been good if not for some glitches. For instance I chose to know that I was being swindled by the street con artist and the game continued as if I had fallen for the con.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 23, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 38.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Choice of Games LLC
- © 2017 Robert Davis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.