Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Ratings and Reviews
Basic functionality but poor support
This utility provides basic print and scan functions. I scan a lot of magazines and documents with 4 different MFC models and most of the time the operation is good.
Like many functions on Brother MFCs, simple every day operations are made extremely complex. An example is scanning in Landscape mode. The app always scans in portrait mode. After experimenting,, without documentation, you can develop a 5 step edit that will convert each image to landscape. This is a lot of work when scanning multiple images. It should be a simple option selection like color versus b/w or single sided versus duplex.
When I do have a problem It is usually a software problem and there is no place to get help. The app support link points to a generic page on their web site. As most of the site is dedicated to marketing with a few device specific support pages. There does not appear to be any support for the mobile apps.
About a year and many tears ago i purchased this printer. I installed the app and controlled it from my phone mainly ! But in the last four months the printer doesn't recognize any commands from the app, or it cant find the printer and i have to manually re enter my wi fi password every single print job which is really time consuming, then it shoots out blank pages until only one sheet of paper is left in the printer that it choses to use to finally start printing on and it completely jams and by the time i un jam it, the machine has once again lost connection with my wifi and i have to manually re enter my password ! And usually by this time i am now late for work AND i don't have the copies i need for work making it necessary for me to stop and pay to print them and now I'm even later for work then ever ! Totally frustrating ! Since I'm missing work hours its taking me longer to save up to buy another expensive printer, definitely NOT a Brother !
Many many bugs & glitches.
In the most optimistic, bare bones interpretation- it does what it says it can do. It does it so poorly though that you will probably rarely, if ever, use this app.
To scan from this app you literally can only control color or b&w, no resolution, no auto-crop...it can scan directly to a cloud service...if you go and manually save it and using iOS’s file system save options choose your cloud destination there. Also, it creates and saves in your scan destination a text file that says “From Brother iPrint&Scan” for EACH SCAN! Also from the app it just saves everything as .png format and with the name “image.” I’m mentioning all these because scanning from the device direct to cloud lets you pick the resolution (though the files scanned from app appear to be much higher resolution based on file size??) and names them with the time scanned, and gives some other good options.
It’s like the people who did this app and the people who did the commands directly on the printer didn’t even talk to each other or attempt in any way to have similar features at both interfaces.
- Brother Industries, LTD.
- 45.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.