By Brother Industries, LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Manual input of IP address to find your machine.
my printing needs are pretty basic; i've never yet tried to use it to print in landscape orientation, nor to scan (I can't figure out how or why anybody would use this app to scan something – don't you have to be physically at the printer to put your source material into it for scanning anyway? and if so, wouldn't you just press the scan button on the printer while you were there?)
anyway, for my simple needs, this app is great. crazy-simple to use, and has displaced Printer Pro as my printing app both for that reason and because Printer Pro doesn't let me print on both sides of the paper. go, Brother!
Last two updates buggy.
Other than the bug mentioned below, it is a fine app for printing.
Last two updates will not display in landscape mode. Only displays in portrait mode. App's display will not auto-rotate to landscape with auto-rotate enabled even when other apps will auto-rotate. Toggling back and forth between enable and disable auto-rotate using the side switch does not cause app display to rotate.
Contacted Brother tech. support via email. Several email exchanges with two individuals. They had no resolution for the problem. Brother asked for contact info from me so a tech specialist could contact me via telephone. Provided info. No contact from them after multiple weeks of waiting. Poor customer support on this issue.
Would recommend not updating the app unless you don't mind having to physically set your iPad with cover or bluetooth keyboard in portrait mode making keyboard unusable or having to always one hand support iPad + smart cover while using the latest releases of iPrint&Scan.
Glad I found this app
I have a MFC-795CW which I loved except in order to print from my iPhone I used to take screen shots of info and email, then boot up my windows laptop and print out. NO MORE!!! It takes a little time to figure out but once you do it's easy. It's saving me time and aggravation of booting up a windows laptop to print. Glad I found this because I was thinking of junking a working printer for less aggravation. Thanks Brother!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Brother Industries, LTD.
- © 2010-2015 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.