By Brother Industries, LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free application that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Using a Google account you are able to print from anywhere with the remote print function. For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device. (iOS 7 is required for Flickr.)
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 3.8.2
I was looking for a printing app solution and this filled the gap, but only to mediocre standards. I use my printer (HL-2280DW) primarily for work purposes and have no need for color printing. My laptop sometimes gives me troubles so I wanted an alternative method to print.
I discovered this app and it will print out my work tickets (that I get from a website) but they aren't sized/scaled properly. I tried many ways to alter it so the website I pull my information from could fit on the page, but it didn't happen.
I would encourage the Brother application team to include an option to size/scale the item to be printed so it fits on the page properly. Until then, it's a free app that gives the customer a level of quality congruent with what was paid for the app.
Please improve your app Brother.
As far as connecting to my Brother printer, this app performs just as it should. Most of the other low star reviewers seem to be most concerned with the inability to print directly from other apps. This is a decent criticism, but my problem with iPrint is the lack of page setup options. Many of the wireless prints I have made have been mis-sized relative to what is presented on screen. It would be nice to be able to directly affect your printed page with wysiwyg resized printing. Also, many times I would like to print only in greyscale. The printing options are so limited, I don't want to risk printing something away from my desktop, because invariably I see that the print has come out wrong when I go to retrieve it. Keep working to make this a great choice for printing!
Dont have airPrint? This workaround is as simple as a workaround can get.
I have an older printer that is not enabled with "airPrint" capabilities, but it can still hook up to the network with a hardline connection to the router. With this setup, I can easily print wirelessly from my laptop, but not from my iOS devices [sad face].
Thanks to this app I can print from my iPhone and iPad.
Setup was a breeze, but that will vary based on your wireless network and the printer you have. The app assists you in this, and advises you what to do if it doesn't work.
The one minor trick here is all printing has to be done within the app. So, if you want to print something from say Pages, iBooks or Safari, you need to share it to the app via the iOS sharing dialogue screen (box with an arrow pointing up).
As I said in the title, this is the best solution i've seen if you own a Brother printer.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 11, 2015
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Brother Industries, LTD.
- © 2010-2015 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.