By Brother Industries, LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
A fresh new easier to use interface.
[New Editing Tools]
Added three new editing tools (Scale, Straighten & Crop).
Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
Preview an image and edit it before copying.
View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Only available on new models.
So easy to scan
I use this app more than the WiFi-connected computer to scan from my MFC-J4710DW. Works great every time and it's easier than using the PC. After scanning, the app lets me email the image, save it to OneDrive (open using another app) and do all that I need to right from my phone.
If you are still on version 3.8.2 stay there one option was removed
Not saying brother printers is bad but they removed the both sided print option so you would have to do it manually until they add it later if they do I tried chatting with a person but he said that he will pass it along but he didn't have any answers if it was a accident or removed for a reason and I don't think he believed me that it was on the older version
My app updated by itself and now I can't print using my iPhone. I tried everything, enabling and disabling the printer trough google, trough the general index site, turning on and off the printer, generating a new pin with brother connections, registering the printer with Google. I really prefer the older version, I had less problems and less hassle. I can't even print using remote printing, my app says not printer found and that I have to register it again. I did that already and nothing. Terrible update.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Brother Industries, LTD.
- © 2010-2015 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.