By Brother Industries, LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
It's nice when it works, as are so many other apps. This one works only sometimes. I have two Brother printers on my network, and initial set up of the app was fine from both iPhones and iPads. Using the app is a bit tricky. When printing a web page, for example, the app indicates that you should use the "Open In…" command from the browser. Well, there is no 'Open In" option, at least in Safari. You can get around this by copying the url and pasting it into the Web tab in the app, and this works,,,sometimes. Also, when printing a web page, there is a "Print Preview" button that must be tapped before you see a "Print" button. This tends to not work always, especially if you are viewing a secure https:// url. I think the app needs more work before it is ready for prime time, but I'll continue to use it as it is my only option for printing at the moment.
Edited Aug. 2015: This version is worse than the last one. It is very difficult to make function. For example, when trying to print using Google Cloud Print, the app could not log on to my google account. I had to delete the app and re-download it. There is no way to log out and log back in, as you may need to do if you have changed a password. After replacing, it logs into Google but it does not see my registered so-called “classic” Brother printers. Also, previous versions allowed you to choose Landscape or Portrait orientation for printing, and this one does not. Very poor implementation.
Worked w/ HL 2270W
The app was installed and connected to my printer on my network within 3 minutes.
Worked flawlessly. No crashes and the print job from hitting print to document in hand took less than 45 seconds (It's doing it wirelessly, through the app, so 45 seconds is nothing).
Not sure if the other issues people are experiencing are due to their printer or network settings
Problem fixed; Restarted Printer and IPad
It seems to work great now that I restarted everything, I hate to jinx, but I have to take back my review from earlier like an hour ago. This is great if it keeps up the good work so now I can carry my iPad downstairs instead of that heavy MacBook, lol technology is making me lazy. So far so good, I don't really need to scan for college, but I'll try it out when I'm not too busy then post. Btw: I have brother printer MFC-J475DW and iPad 2
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Brother Industries, LTD.
- © 2010-2015 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.