By Brother Industries, LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Brother iPrint&Scan is a free application that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Using a Google account you are able to print from anywhere with the remote print function. For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device. (iOS 7 is required for Flickr.)
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
What's New in Version 3.8.2
Please improve your app Brother.
As far as connecting to my Brother printer, this app performs just as it should. Most of the other low star reviewers seem to be most concerned with the inability to print directly from other apps. This is a decent criticism, but my problem with iPrint is the lack of page setup options. Many of the wireless prints I have made have been mis-sized relative to what is presented on screen. It would be nice to be able to directly affect your printed page with wysiwyg resized printing. Also, many times I would like to print only in greyscale. The printing options are so limited, I don't want to risk printing something away from my desktop, because invariably I see that the print has come out wrong when I go to retrieve it. Keep working to make this a great choice for printing!
This app really needs shell integration like Printer Pro to keep up. An app, mind you, that doesn't work with my Brother 7360N networked printer, but a very popular app as it is, and an app I use together with Brother's app because it prints anything to PDF. Other than the limitation that I can't print from Safari directly, I love this app. I use it on three phones and two iPads for my household, and everyone knows how to use it. I love that I can use my scanner with my phone for photos or documents. It even makes multi-page PDFs with the document feeder.
Please add more features
I like how the app easily allows me to scan documents however it does not work well with multi page documents. When you buy a printer, it does not tell you the printer does not support duplex scanning even though my printer has the tray for it. I upgraded from a HP all in one to a Brother all in one and the HP app gave me an option to add a page during the page scanning process to create a multi page pdf. Now it looks ridiculous and unprofessional emailing multiple pages of scanned documents. Please add this feature.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 11, 2015
- Version: 3.8.2
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Brother Industries, LTD.
- © 2010-2015 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.