**Supported Devices iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 or newer devices.**
Critically acclaimed, story-driven adventure game from award-winning Swedish film director, Josef Fares and originally developed by Starbreeze Studios.
10/10 - Joystiq “It’s rare for a game to forge a connection so strong.”
9/10 - Polygon “Moved me to tears.”
9/10 - Eurogamer “A triumph.”
Winner of more than 50 awards including Game of Year, BAFTA, DICE and more.
A man, clinging to life. His two sons, desperate to cure their ailing father, are left with but one option. They must set out upon a journey to find and bring back the "Water of Life" as they come to rely on one another to survive. One must be strong where the other is weak, brave where the other is fearful, they must be... Brothers.
• Guide two brothers, Naia and Naiee, on an epic fairy tale journey using specially designed, dual virtual joysticks
• Control both brothers simultaneously as you experience co-operative play in single player mode
• Solve puzzles, explore the stunning locations and fight boss battles, using unique qualities of big and little brother each varying in
strength, size and speed
• Experience an emotional story told without words…narrative above the ordinary
This is one journey you will never forget…
Ratings and Reviews
Sent on an epic quest to save their father, two siblings must work together to complete a stunning and obstacle-ridden journey. As you make your way across vast landscapes, you’ll discover a world subtly tinged with sorrow and tenderness. Brothers’ unique control scheme puts you in command of both characters at once, and solving the puzzles requires coordination and consideration. While working out the problems is rewarding—and occasionally thought-provoking—it’s the unique way the gameplay and tone mesh together that’ll stick with you.
Great game,want more
I actually stopped in the middle to write this review because I was so disappointed. This game has been fantastic, engaging, and entertaining, UNTIL... the part where you have to swing the brothers by a rope around a cliff. There were NO instructions or references to anything like this in the tutorial at the start, or the gameplay thus far. I actually thought it was some kind of bug at first, until, in my frustration, I accidentally made one brother fall so he was dangling. I went to setting, and looked at how to use the controls. Nothing. I even googled a walkthrough because I was enjoying it so much until this point. It took me like 40 minutes and god knows how many tries to figure it out. You have to touch the screen (not the joystick,which moves all over the place anyway) and I figured it out by trial and error. In my frustration I have given 3 stars, but I will come back when I finish and give another rating. If this game keeps going like the first part, it is 5 stars all the way. But these iOS controls are NOT intuitive, and some minimal guidance would make the experience a million times better. Rant over
Now I’ve finished, and i changed to 5 stars because I cannot give 10 stars. Fantastic game despite small issues with controls
I like this game a lot. It tells an engaging and emotional story with little dialogue, relying mostly on gestures and music to advance the narrative. The controls are simple, so they translate well to a touch-screen. It's beautifully rendered, which is no surprise considering it's on an Unreal engine, but there are some glitchy moments, the biggest being during the Epilogue. I have yet to see the end of this game because it crashes every time shortly after riding the owl-cat-bird to, well, I don't know where because it always breaks. As long as this game has been out, I wonder if there will ever be any more updates to fix the problem. Nevertheless, I would recommend you play this game, though maybe not this version. Maybe try Steam, or PSN, etc. It's well worth the experience.
- 505 Games (US), Inc.
- 2 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 505 Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.