Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Real soldiers. Authentic battlefields. True combat.
Please check the system requirements below before you buy.
Gearbox Software’s critically acclaimed WWII shooter series started with Road to Hill 30, and continues with Earned in Blood. This chapter follows Corporal Joe Hartsock, whose story intertwines with the events of the first game, giving a new perspective on the events of June 6th 1944 and the days that followed.
Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood takes the story-driven tactical action from the first game and expands it with bigger environments, deeper enemy AI, and a brand new campaign. Gritty, authentic and innovative, the game offers the visceral, emotionally charged experience of infantry combat in the Normandy invasion; the battle that changed history.
• True story – Fight Airborne Infantry battles based on the actual events of D-Day and beyond.
• Skirmish missions – The new skirmish mode offers 10 standalone missions to play in order, or customise for a unique challenge.
• Online multiplayer – Go online and attack or defend in team-based multiplayer.
• Unprecedented authenticity – Historically accurate battlefields, events, and equipment are all recreated from Army Signal Corps photos, aerial reconnaissance Imagery and eyewitness accounts.
• Real military tactics – Issue orders to Find, Fix, Flank, and Finish your enemies like a WWII squad leader.
• Accessible command and control – Players of all skill levels can make the most of any situation, thanks to an innovative control system.
Important information regarding Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood does not support Intel GMA series graphics cards.
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.4GHz CPU / 1GB RAM / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA).
• Full system requirements are available on the Brothers in Arms mini-site at feralinteractive.com/doubletime
despite the fact that ww2 is really done to death at this point, i found this game to be really fun! i'm an old school gamer so graphics really arent a problem for me. the game is dated after all, but it's actually suprisingly good for it's age. its a great fps, but it's an fps for the patient. if your the type who likes "God mode" walk away, but if you're the kind of guy who turns off all the add ons and sets the game to the highest difficulty, or who gets a "realism" mod for your favorite fps, you'll like this game. runs fine on a 2012 macbook pro on maximim settings, no problems no crashes. no multiplayer really but a very long campaign that's fun to replay. If your looking for a game that will steal 30 or so hours of your life, and you like explosions and bullets flying around, and outsmarting enemies, this could be the game for you!
I am reading a lot of the reviews below, figured I should correct most of them. First, this game didn't come out in 2010, both RTH30 and EiB were released in 2005 and are based up Unreal Engine 2, before the shift to HD and UR3. So yes, this game is somewhat dated. Second, this is an extremely buggy ported version of this game. I played both RTH30 and EiB on Xbox and PC, and I must say they were much better on those platforms. This Mac version is extremely buggy: squad AI and enemy AI is all over the place, lots of glitches. I would recommend buying the phsyical media and running it through bootcamp to play on windows. But, overall, it is still a great game and I highly recommend it.
Good, but it originally came out in 2005
The Brothers in Arms games are fun and probably the most realistic portrayal of WWII infantry combat. but something to keep in mind is that this game was originally released in early 2005. One of the platforms it was written for was the original XBox. You should adjust your expectations of production quality accordingly.
I think that this semi-sequel is more challenging and a bit more fun than the original, but the two games are very similar. If you liked Road to Hill 30, you'll like Earned in Blood. If you didn't like Road to Hill 30, you probably won't like Earned in Blood either.
- Category: Games
- Released: Mar 23, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.40 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2010 Gearbox Software, LLC. All rights reserved. Published and distributed by Feral Interactive Ltd. under license from Gearbox Software, LLC. Brothers In Arms, Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30, Brothers In Arms Earned in Blood are trademarks of Gearbox Software and used under license. Gearbox Software and the Gearbox logo are registered trademarks of Gearbox Software, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. The Ubisoft logo is a trademark of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S and/or other countries. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later