Use BrowZine to easily find, read, and monitor thousands of scholarly journals available from your university, hospital, or corporate library who has a BrowZine subscription, or through Open Access publishers, covering all disciplines.
With BrowZine you can:
• Browse titles by subject to easily find journals of interest
• Easily view table of contents of current and past journals
• Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals
• Save articles to EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, RefWorks, Dropbox, and other services
• Share with other researchers by posting to Facebook, Twitter and more
A fix for Mendeley citation integration issues seen by some users.
Ratings and Reviews
Potential is there but UX development is slow
This app is excellent for keeping up to speed on journals that i read when paired with access granted through my institution. The problem is that there are so many middle men in the business of online journal reading and this app that keeping them all streamlined must be hell. Also the user interface is quite past century. Not a big inconvenience but i prefer QxMED interface so much more because it offers ability to make a suggested article stream and snapshot of articles that i can go through and read the ones that i have interest in.
It also lacks in identifying the special interests of its readers and then coming up with suggestions based on that. There might be a way but i am not aware of it.
State of the art in mobile access to journals
The world of academic publishing is restrictive and slow to change, but BrowZine makes the best of this environment. It offers as near to seamless access to your library’s subscriptions as you’ll find anywhere.
The support team is very responsive and helpful, and the product developers are proactive in proposing and making improvements.
Good start, but needs work
1. Makes it easy to keep up to date
2. Remembers my login info (after some tweaking by their helpful support staff)
3. Easy to share link and pdf with colleagues
1. No ability to automatically save pdf to cloud storage
2. No ability to annotate articles
3. Doesn’t remember what issue I was on last
4. Big yellow button to “remove from bookshelf” needs to be less conspicuous and harder to accidentally hit
Update to respond to developer: Thanks, but I don’t work for your company. I’m not going to login and tell your developers how to do their jobs. If this review isn’t good enough for them to figure out what needs to be done, or for someone from the company from copying and pasting these into the user request system, then it’s too bad for your company. Updating review to reflect poor use of user reviews.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for giving your feedback about BrowZine. It would be very helpful if you could enter your feature requests on our website at: http://support.thirdiron.com/forums/181845-browzine-features. That way other users can vote on your feature requests and we can inform you when features that you have voted for have been added to BrowZine.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.