By Code Organa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your photos into paintings with Brushstroke.
Brushstroke transforms your album photos and snaps into beautiful paintings in one touch. Edit, sign, and share your work on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Want your artwork printed? We've teamed up with CanvasPop to provide the best quality canvas prints available. Pick a frame and size, and you’ll have your masterpiece delivered and hanging on your wall in no time.
• Automatically transform your photos into one of many painting styles
• Load photos from your Camera Roll and other Albums
• Take snaps and watch them transform instantly
• Experiment with different color palettes
• Adjust your painting to get just the right look
• Select from a variety of canvases and surfaces
• Sign your painting to personalize it
• Share your art on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
• Have your art printed and shipped right to your doorstep
For more information, visit us at www.codeorgana.com, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @codeorgana. Find out more about CanvasPop prints and their 100% "Love it" lifetime guarantee at www.canvaspop.com.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• New illustration pack with new styles, color palettes, and canvases
• Bug fixes and other improvements
What's New In Version 2.0:
• New painting styles, color palettes, and canvases
• Swipe to adjust painting detail and color
• Optimized for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• iOS 8 and 64-bit support
• Ship and share previously saved paintings
• Ship framed prints and posters
• Details and price breakdowns for shipped products
• Manual exposure and camera improvements
• Visual quality improvements
• New adjustments
• Crop your paintings
• Undo, redo, and reset
• Landscape support on iPad
• Move and scale your signature
• Bug fixes and other improvements
We’d love to hear what you think! If you have any questions or comments, email us at email@example.com.
More than just an app with edits
I love this app. I also love to paint. For me this doesn't just edit a picture I want to look like a painting but it provides guidelines. I've only taken 2 years of painting class and am still trying to improve. I'm not very confident in realistic photos of people and some landscapes just yet, but when I can see someone I want painted already done then I get it nearly exactly like that. This app lets me transform gorgeous landscapes into amazing paintings id want to hang on my wall or give to friends & family. I know this app probably wasn't intended to do that, but it's just an incredible bonus that comes with it. All the edits are beautiful and you get a wide range to select from- I have about 5 photos of the same picture just with different styles on my phone because I couldn't decide! Thank you for making this app, and if anyone actually read all of this definitely download it if you enjoy paintings!!
Brushstrokes is a stroke of genius
I'm having so much fun with this app and can't wait to take more pictures just to see how they'll look after putting them through Brushstrokes!
So many variations offered of styles, colors, etc that you can spend a lot of time with just one picture.
As some have already mentioned, it would be nice to have an Undo button & a feature to adjust saturation/intensity level ((UPDATE: experimenting with this app more and realized there is a way to adjust saturation, sharpness, etc!! Finally figured it out that you need to touch the picture screen & move your finger up/down to change those numbers they show above the pic you're creating. Took me long enough)) but it's not enough to stop me from playing with it again & again. Someone said there wasn't a crop feature, but there is one right at the beginning when you are selecting a photo. Not sure if there's a brief tutorial anywhere, but it might be helpful to show the possibilities with this great app.
While I got this app when it was free, I'd still highly recommended it to others as it is worth the price if you are interested in transforming your photos.
I'd love to order a print to see what the final product looks like as soon as I can decide on a picture.
Nice set of oil paint features
I have and like Waterlogue for watercolor effects but was wanted something better for the look of oils. At the great price of Free, was happy to try this app. There is a huge selection of styles and effects to customize your work. Nothing too over the top to slog through although it might be nice to see fewer styles with sliders to adjust their intensity. Can't give it 5 stars, tho' because the only Undo is by shaking the phone, then pressing a button. That gets annoying pretty quickly when your trying different styles; don't even want to think about it on an iPad. Please add a simple undo button on all screens. It's also missing a few basic photo editing commands, notably Crop; sometimes you want to recompose a bit.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Code Organa LLC
- © 2014 Code Organa LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Illustration Pack$0.99