This app should be a useful resource for healthcare professionals who care for women who need colposcopy for the evaluation of an abnormal smear. It is designed to facilitate easy access to information about screening and colposcopy programme management based on the document 20 from the National Health Service Cervical Screening Programme (NHSCSP) in England. It presents information on best practice and quality standards using an engaging format on the following categories
• Screening programme policy (nhscsp)
• Referral to colposcopy
• Quality working practice standards for colposcopy services
• Management of glandular disease of the cervix
• Follow up
• Infections and colposcopy
• Pregnancy and the menopause, hysterectomy
• Immunosuppressed women
As well as being a practical guide to colposcopy practice it should be a useful training tool for trainers and trainees alike. Finally information in this app will be useful as a reference for health care professionals across the world to provide an easy look up tool to provide high quality colposcopy services to women.
About the BSCCP
The Society, founded in 1972, represents a common forum for the discussion and debate of all matters pertaining to the prevention of cancer of the cervix. By its very nature the Society is multidisciplinary and provides a forum to discuss basic science, epidemiology, clinical care and service/patient interface developments. The BSCCP delivers a successful training programme for colposcopists which trainees complete before completing an OSCE examination. It is a charity and has an international focus aiming to support and develop collaboration in the worldwide fight to prevent cervical cancer.
- Marmalade on Toast Limited
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Marmalade on Toast Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.