Brings the old BSD fortune command to the iPhone. This is for those old enough to remember BSD and System 5 Unix and had the time to play around with time wasters like this.
Fixed a database crash happening for some users.
Ratings and Reviews
Long Needed Update, Couple of Problems
Here's what's good about the update; it works with newer versions of iOS, and it has a widget. What's bad is it doesn't let you select text anymore, and there's no way to clear the list of fortunes (bad if you see something you don't want others to see). If those two problems were fixed, I'd give it five stars.
This is the real thing
These are the type of fortunes I've enjoyed. I like the option to turn "long fortunes" off. They can get too long and annoying.
It looks cool and I love the fortune command on UNIX systems. But I gave this app one star for only one straight forward reason. It crashes upon launch on iOS 9.2.2. It it gets updated I'll gladly revaluate it.
- John Endres
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Macplugins
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.