BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
BTT Remote is free, however it requires BetterTouchTool running on your Mac (you can download a 45 day trial from www.bttremote.com)
Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Transfer files (up to 6 MB) from your Mac to your iPhone and view them or share them there.
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the built-in feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese text input
- Some small dark mode fixes
- Various small bugfixes and iPhone X improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Update causing volume issues
Latest release on the iPhone X causes the volume of the iPhone to drop to one bar upon launching very time. Then controlling the remote computer using the iPhone volume keys is unresponsive many times getting stuck on high volume but not responding to volume down button. Also any custom volume control brings up the mouse cursor and playback controls in video apps.
Also still waiting for the this feature below.
Please add auto display off when putting phone face down as Mouse Pro does. Really useful when watching a show and being able to turn volume up and down while having the phone face down on couch and on while the screen is off to save battery and screen. Nice to have the phone on so one can always quickly change volume when needed.
You're laying on your bed, watching Netflix across the room. You feel cozy and at peace. When suddenly, a popup appears on your computer....
We've all been there. And this is the tragic truth. We must get out of our very comfort to enjoy your media. A sacrifice we all agonize... Until now. BTT Remote has landed; stationed at your hand. With a flick of a finger, YOU can control your computer in infinite amount of ways! It will make your quality of life the most blissful state you can ever imagine.
Buy it. Feel it. Caress it. Love it.... This decision shall never be regretted, thy generations over centuries will be at peace, thankful for serendipity.
Absolutely no current documentation. You're on your own. Good luck.
"This documentation is currently being written (June, 2, 2016). During the next few days and weeks content will be added continuously."
Yeah, sure. You have the time to write a new version for the 2016 magic toolbar but you haven't had the time to update the documentation in 5 years?
I paid for this application and while it does perform some basic functionality, I guess I'm too stupid to figure out all of the other options. You'd think that if you paid for the program that it would come with documentation.
Programmers love to program. It's fun and creative. Programmers hate to document and write documentation. There's no glory, nothing to show off. No colors. No buttons or uber-kewl features. Documentation and tutorials take a lot of work and while it's boring for the programmer, it's essential for the user.
For those who figured the program on their own, good for you -- give yourself a gold star.
In case you still have questions about BTT Remote, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or post an issue/question on my Github tracker (which also is part of the documentation: https://github.com/fifafu/BetterTouchTool )
During the last few years I haven't gotten many requests about BTT Remote as most features are relatively clear, however if you need some specific things the community at Github will always help. The problem is that BTT and BTT Remote allow for hundreds of thousands of use cases, and I as a developer can only foresee very few of them. Users come up with absolutely crazy (but cool) things to do with BTT and BTT Remote and it's just not possible to document all of this.
What was it you were struggling with exactly?
- folivora.AI GmbH
- 6.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © folivora.AI GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- BTT Remote PRO $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.