By Andreas Hegenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
In order to use it you need to have BetterTouchTool installed on your Mac (which can be downloaded for free on www.bttremote.com). BTT Remote requires at least OS X Lion (10.7) running on your Mac. Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the builtin feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Fixes a crash that occurred when trying to connect manually. Sorry about that!
Worked where iTunes Remote didn't!
This app is incredible! I am extremely lazy and I don't want to get up from my bed to control my music from my computer. I tried using the iTunes remote app, but I live in a dorm with an enterprise network. I went out on a limb when buying this app because I didn't know if this would work either, but after using the manual connect with IP address and port, I was able to use this app with my Mac without a hitch! The sheer number of things you can do with this app is amazing. You can basically control your whole computer with the touch pads and the custom commands. I haven't found any bugs so far. There are two touch pads for some reason that was not very intuitive, but they both work very well. I love this app, and BetterTouchTool on the Mac. I highly recommend this app and I look forward to using it daily!
Worth every cent!
BetterTouchTool (the Mac app) on its own is indispensable with its highly customizable gestures and shortcuts but using it with BTT Remote takes my couch potato-ness to the next level. BTT Remote works flawlessly with my Mac most of the time unlike some of the more expensive hardware (read >$70) I purchased in a vain attempt to control my Mac from a distance.
Trackpad usage is slightly cumbersome because the iPad and iPhone touchscreen cannot match up to the Magic Trackpad’s trackpad smooth(?) surface at this point so but creating "Action Gestures” allows me to minimize trackpad usage.
Better than Great. This app is ESSENTIAL.
BTT Remote is an excellent trackpad app, but honestly, I don’t even use that feature I use BTT Remote as a way to turn my iPhone into a remote control for my Mac, and I love it.
It’s easy to do. Download the BetterTouchTool app for your Mac. In the settings, create a bunch of actions for BTT Remote. When you open the BTT Remote app on your iPhone or iPad (or both) the actions you set up will be there in a list. That feature alone is worth ten times what the developer is charging for this app.
Seriously, BTT Remote is outstanding.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Hegenberg
- © Andreas Hegenberg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.