By Andreas Hegenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
In order to use it you need to have BetterTouchTool installed on your Mac (which can be downloaded for free on www.bttremote.com). BTT Remote requires at least OS X Lion (10.7) running on your Mac. Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the builtin feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Fixes a crash that occurred when trying to connect manually. Sorry about that!
Better than Great. This app is ESSENTIAL.
BTT Remote is an excellent trackpad app, but honestly, I don’t even use that feature I use BTT Remote as a way to turn my iPhone into a remote control for my Mac, and I love it.
It’s easy to do. Download the BetterTouchTool app for your Mac. In the settings, create a bunch of actions for BTT Remote. When you open the BTT Remote app on your iPhone or iPad (or both) the actions you set up will be there in a list. That feature alone is worth ten times what the developer is charging for this app.
Seriously, BTT Remote is outstanding.
I mainly bought this app to support the dev since I love BTT on my macbook pro and recommend it to all new mac users. I’ve tried apps like this before but never really cared for them, especially because they never got updated and required yet another server running on my machine. This seems like it gets good attention from the developer and what’s even better is I already have BTT installed on my computer so everything just works. I highly recommend it
The best trackpad app on the market
This app is by far the greatest trackpad app out there. Not only is it a trackpad but you can control your entire computer with custom jesters and shortcuts. There is a keyboard that you can activate to type, you can see all of your files and easily navigate to which file you want opened directly from your iPad, and multi finger gestures work! This app was easily worth the money I paid for it and much much more.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 10, 2013
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Hegenberg
- © Andreas Hegenberg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.