BTT Remote - Mouse, Trackpad, Keyboard, Menubar and Actions
By Andreas Hegenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
BTT Remote is free, so you can test whether the connection with your Mac works and if you like the general look and feel. However if you want to use all the features you'll have to upgrade to the PRO version.
In order to use it you need to have BetterTouchTool installed on your Mac (which can be downloaded for free on www.bttremote.com). BTT Remote requires at least OS X Lion (10.7) running on your Mac. Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Transfer files (up to 6 MB) from your Mac to your iPhone and view them or share them there.
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the built-in feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
- Fixed a layout issue on 3.5 inch iPhones
You're laying on your bed, watching Netflix across the room. You feel cozy and at peace. When suddenly, a popup appears on your computer....
We've all been there. And this is the tragic truth. We must get out of our very comfort to enjoy your media. A sacrifice we all agonize... Until now. BTT Remote has landed; stationed at your hand. With a flick of a finger, YOU can control your computer in infinite amount of ways! It will make your quality of life the most blissful state you can ever imagine.
Buy it. Feel it. Caress it. Love it.... This decision shall never be regretted, thy generations over centuries will be at peace, thankful for serendipity.
BTT Remote!! Amazing
I usually never rate any app, however, this is a must have app! Trust, I have my Mac connected to my led tv and I can use my iPhone as a control. I'm able to control my Mac from my iPhone!! But seriously must have!
Five star app with frustrating bug
The features and functionality of this app are great. I use it all the time as a remote when streaming video. However, it consistently freezes every fourth time or so when reconnecting after closing the app or turning off the phone's screen.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 09, 2016
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Hegenberg
- © Andreas Hegenberg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BTT Remote PRO$1.99