BTT Remote - Mouse, Trackpad, Keyboard, Menubar and Actions
By Andreas Hegenberg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
BTT Remote is free, so you can test whether the connection with your Mac works and if you like the general look and feel. However if you want to use all the features you'll have to upgrade to the PRO version.
In order to use it you need to have BetterTouchTool installed on your Mac (which can be downloaded for free on www.bttremote.com). BTT Remote requires at least OS X Lion (10.7) running on your Mac. Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Transfer files (up to 6 MB) from your Mac to your iPhone and view them or share them there.
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the built-in feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
- Hotfix, iOS 8 and lower should work correctly again.
- iPhone 6s support (fixed a bug that caused trackpad taps to not work)
- Basic 3D Touch support. You can now use 3d touch on the trackpad to click and drag.
- Fixed a few little bugs
There will be another, bigger 3D Touch update soon!
Better than Great. This app is ESSENTIAL.
BTT Remote is an excellent trackpad app, but honestly, I don’t even use that feature I use BTT Remote as a way to turn my iPhone into a remote control for my Mac, and I love it. LOVE IT.
It’s easy to do. Download the BetterTouchTool app for your Mac. In the settings, create a bunch of actions for BTT Remote. When you open the BTT Remote app on your iPhone or iPad (or both) the actions you set up will be there in a list. That feature alone is worth ten times what the developer is charging for this app.
Seriously, BTT Remote is outstanding.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Hegenberg
- © Andreas Hegenberg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BTT Remote PRO$1.99