"Of the millions of apps out there, none quite capitalize on the sheer fun and beauty of interactivity the way that Scott Snibbe’s do.” --CoolHunting
**iTunes Top 10 App of the Year for Art and Music**
Bubble Harp draws bubbles around your fingertips, recording and replaying your movements while creating music. It’s a combination of drawing, animation, music, art, geometry, and gaming. You can record long movements of a single point, or stream many points out of your fingertips like ink. When you tap the screen's edges, you can change from single points to streams of points, change graphic and sonic parameters, and post to Facebook. Multiple fingers and multiple people can touch the screen at once to create together. Bubble Harp was first released as a work of interactive art by Scott Sona Snibbe that was only available in galleries and museums. Now it’s available as an iPhone and iPad application that also makes music.
Rated #1 Music App and Apple's Top Music App in many countries, since its release.
share on flickr: http://flickr.com/groups/bubbleharp
twitter: #bubbleharp, snibbe
* Now you can save and load Bubble Harp creations: touch "Save" and "Load" in the share menu.
* It's now easier to bring up toolbar - just tap once at bottom of screen.
* Music is now turned on by default for new users.
* Bubble Harp files can be copied from the app - go into iTunes and find the ".bhp" files under the app, which you can email to friends or share online.
* Two settings are available now in the "Settings" app: one to to allow double-tap to bring up the toolbar (if you find the toolbar coming up too easily), and the other to enable/disable music.
Ratings and Reviews
One of my favorite music apps
App really allows you to be creative both visually and musically. Don't really have any music writing experience but always have a beautiful piece when I'm done. Like that you can save. Just enough selection of controls allows you to tweak the sound. It's very relaxing to play with this and is one of the music apps I always go back to.
Unique and wonderful
I can "compose" music on this thing for hours and have. It's an ingenious concept, well implemented. And simple too. One of the few apps that help me relax, rather than cranking me up.
I wish the author of this software would make more apps!
I am so happy I wandered across bubbleharp. This app wonderfully combines simple properties to create a canvas of musical beauty. To form visual strands of music that combine in seemingly random patterns is a wonderful relaxation method. Placing stones and feeling the vibrations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.